Activities Bus Driver
ORGANIZATION: Lyngblomsten Care Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
Interested in helping older adults stay active in the community? We are looking for volunteers to drive Lyngblomsten residents to special outings using our brand-new bus.
As a volunteer bus driver, you will:
- Help individuals safely enter and exit the bus. This may include using a wheelchair lift.
- Carefully and lawfully drive to the desired location and pick up at the designated time
- Provide a relaxing and comfortable ride to passengers
- Complete a DHS background screen including fingerprinting (required for working with vulnerable individuals).
- Wear a mask and be fully vaccinated for COVID.
- Able to be approved by Lyngblomsten insurance.
- Pass a DOT physical paid for by Lyngblomsten.
- Fully ambulatory and able to help someone who may be unstable on their feet.
- A relaxed, friendly personality is a plus.
Many outings are a few hours in length. Due to the DOT physical requirement, we request that volunteers try to commit to driving at least two times per month for one year.
We will provide training for use of the bus, including the wheelchair lift.
About Lyngblomsten Care Center
1415 Almond Avenue, Saint Paul, MN 55108, US
Influenced by Christ, Lyngblomsten provides a ministry of compassionate care and innovative services to older adults in order to preserve and enhance their quality of life.
Lyngblomsten provides compassionate care to older adults through residential and community services. Volunteers of all ages are welcomed to explore over 100 unique and varied opportunities. While short-term options may be available periodically, we encourage longer-term commitments given the exceptional level of orientation, training and on-going education Lyngblomsten provides in support of its volunteers.
1415 Almond AvenueSt Paul, MN 55108
May 5, 2022
- Bus/Van Driving
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Outings may be a few hours in length. Due to the DOT physical requirement, we request that drivers try to commit to driving at least twice a month for one year.
- DHS Background screen. DOT Physical. Training provided.