ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS - Age 55+
ORGANIZATION: Lutheran Community Services
Please visit the new page to apply.
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS NEEDED IN BREMERTON
Are you someone who loves detail and enjoys being part of a team to support seniors in Kitsap County? Do you enjoy problem-solving and a variety of tasks?
A meal program in Kitsap County is seeking regularly scheduled General Office Volunteers to commit to one shift a week from 10AM-2PM to provide a variety of support tasks related to our senior nutrition programs in Kitsap County.
We are currently recruiting volunteers to fill the below timeslots:
* Mondays 10 AM - 2PM
* Tuesdays 10 AM - 2PM
* Thursdays 10 AM - 2PM
A volunteer in this position must enjoy interacting with the public (phones and reception) as well as tackling both regular tasks and special projects using their knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Volunteers in this role might find themselves....
* Answering phones - using your great customer service skills
* Helping keep our files organized and up to date
* Working on special outreach projects/special events
* Supporting staff with copying, collating, mailings and much more
Successful volunteers in this role are
* Dependable and punctual
* Courteous and personable
* Self-directed, willing to take initiative and detail-oriented
* Respectful and maintain confidentiality of MOWK volunteers, partners, clients and donors
* Flexible with changing needs * Comfortable with working independently
* Able to comfortably lift 20 pounds, kneel, and bend (they will also help stock supplies as needed)
* Experienced with answering phones and taking messages
* Able to demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, and other)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE RETIRED AND SENIOR PROGRAM (RSVP) Age 55+
The AmeriCorps RSVP is the nation's largest network for volunteers age 55 and older. This program is sponsored by Lutheran Community Services Northwest. The growing segment of our older population is vital to strengthening our communities through their interest in helping others. As an RSVP volunteer, you are strengthening the positive impact people 55 and over have in our communities. Our focus is to incorporate meaningful volunteer opportunities that provide purpose and a way to give back to the community.
RSVP offers maximum flexibility and choice to its volunteers as it matches their personal interests with opportunities to serve in their communities.
Current RSVP volunteer positions include local food banks, congregate meal sites, non-profit thrift stores (shopping assistants, sorters, warehouse assistant) museums, hospitals, reading/enrichment/tutoring/mentoring groups, and administrative positions throughout the Kitsap County and Pierce County (Tacoma, Puyallup, Graham, Lakewood and Gig Harbor Peninsula.)
We are continually bringing on new and unique volunteer opportunities that help our community.
We would love to have you join RSVP!
25 More opportunities with Lutheran Community Services
About Lutheran Community Services
223 N. Yakima Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98403, US
Lutheran Community Services Northwest partners with individuals, families and communities for health, justice and hope.
Lutheran Community Services Northwest, in Pierce and Kitsap County, focuses on services for seniors, including Caregiver Support, Home Care, Meals on Wheels, RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program), Senior Friends, and Senior Companion Program. In addition, the Kitsap County office has a Navy Respite program and the Pierce County Office has a Refugee Resettlement and Placement Program, and Senior Media Services.
Multiple locations Bremerton, WA 98310
February 15, 2023
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Commit to one four hour shift per week
- Dependable and punctual, courteous and personal, respectful and maintain confidentiality of volunteers, partners, clients and donors