15 people are interested
Children First Intern
ORGANIZATION: Children First, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
15 people are interested
Children First Intern Job Description
A Children First intern will have the unique opportunity to get a deep insight on how to effectively manage and support a nonprofit organization. Where they will have the opportunity to better understand for non-profit best practices, human resources, program management, board functioning, products, volunteer management, fundraising, and etc. The volunteer hours would be from 10-25 hrs a week. This is currently an unpaid internship, but we will help with class credit and potential funding through the University. This position van be virutal, hybrid and/or in-person. This position involves assisting the Executive Director and Operations Director with:
This position involves assisting the Executive Director and Operations Director with:
- Event Planning and Participation
- Grant Writing
- Donor Engagement and Management
- Facilities Management
- Human Resources Development
- Organizational and Structural Management
- Board Structuring and Development
- Board Governance
- Marketing including sharing and liking our platforms
- Data Management, Collection, Destruction, Retention and Research
- Organizational Strategic and Longterm Planning
- Other macro-level non-profit work
Interns must be/use/have:
- Well organized, flexible, and creative
- Clear and direct communication and have a good understanding of their availability
- Able to engage well with others and brings enthusiastic energy to the team
- Initiative and follow through. Work will be done virtually and in person on a on-going individual basis, with weekly check-ins
- Good writing skills
- Able to manage and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner and understand how to prioritize those tasks efficiently to meet deadlines
- Able to ask for help if they need further clarity about a task
- Dedicated to the mission of Children First and constantly strive to think of thoughtful new ways to strengthen the organization
Much of the tasks and projects will be behind the scenes work that is necessary for the organization to run smoothly. Individuals who have a passion for social work, nonprofit management, a positive attitude, and have a strong desire to help the Children First vision become a reality, will thrive in this position.
Managing a nonprofit is a group effort in which interns play a key part. Our Children First interns work as a team to manage tasks.
Internship hours may vary. Typical hours are from 10-25 hrs of a week, much of that schedule you will be able to determine, but there will need to be times that our schedules overlap (M-F 9-5pm).
Interns will need:
- Access to their own computer, cellphone and internet
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, The Google Suite and Canva, and/or a willingness to learn these platforms.
- Uploading new Donor Database with information
- Strategic and Operations Plan Implementation
- Grant Applications, etc.
- Capital Campaign Strategies and Marketing
- Retreat Planning
- Board Governance and Structure
- Marketing Materials
- COVID 19 Protocol Updates
- Digitizing Files
- Event Planning and execution
- Annual Report
- Donor Relations and Mail Distribution
- Other projects that arise over
More opportunities with Children First, Inc.1 Review
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Children First, Inc.
693 North Pope Street, Athens, GA 30601, US
Children First engages families in our community and through the courts to ensure safe, stable, nurturing living environments for children.
Children First, Inc. is a local nonprofit agency that administers several programs in the field of child welfare:
Athens-Oconee CASA trains and supervises volunteers to provide legal advocacy for abused and neglected children
Family Time Community Visitation provides supervised visitation for families seperated by abuse or neglect.
SPARC - Supportive Parenting and Access Resource Center works with non-custodial parents to increase their emotional and financial support of their children
693 N. Pope St.Athens, GA 30601
March 15, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Social Media / Blogging
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Interns should be available miniumally 10-25 hours per week.
- Application is due by April 30, 2023