7 people are interested
Community Dining Server/Cashier
ORGANIZATION: Northshore Senior Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Job Title: Food Preparation and Service Food Prep
Purpose/Objective: Contribute to providing a healthy meal for seniors
Location: Northshore Senior Center Kitchen, Bothell
- Site Coordinator organizes and assigns tasks, assists in cooking.
- Servers dish up food and serve guests.
- Food Prep people assist in preparing the food according to proper health food guidelines and as assigned by the cook.
- All kitchen volunteers help with making sure all tasks are done and the kitchen is clean and organized at the end of the shift.
- Dining Room Attendants set and clear tables and serve guest.
- Cashiers accept donations, check in and greet guest.
- Report monthly volunteer hours.
- If you need to miss a volunteer time, arrange for another trained volunteer to take that particular time.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.
- Basic kitchen skills: cutting vegetable, cooking meats are a plus, but not a requirement.
- Must be friendly and hospitable.
- Must have or obtain a current food handlers permit and submit copy to Northshore Senior Center
- Must complete a volunteer application, sign a volunteer agreement and authorize a background check. All of these items will be completed prior to starting.
Time Commitment: This position requires a minimum of one shift per week (8AM-12:30PM, 9:00AM-1:00PM, 11:00AM-1:30PM). There will also be a training period associated with these positions (see below).
Training/Support Provided: Individual, one-on-one training will be provided for a minimum of three 4+-hour sessions (or as needed and agreed to). This training will be provided by the Volunteer Leader or other experienced volunteer, as assigned.
Why Volunteer at NSC? Northshore Senior Center’s vision is a community where older adults and those who love them are empowered to choose and develop ever more joyful, healthful and meaningful lives. Volunteering at NSC offers the chance to gain a new perspective on life while involved in social interaction with older adults, strengthen your skills, and make a difference in other people’s lives with the variety of tasks you will experience. Your service can not only put a smile on a participant’s face, but also provide much needed support and encouragement.
11 More opportunities with Northshore Senior Center
About Northshore Senior Center
10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell, WA 98011, US
The Northshore Senior Center promotes healthy living & well-being in our community through programs, services, resources and civic engagement. We envision a community where everyone of all ages leads full, healthy and inspired lives.
The Northshore Senior Center is a fun, vibrant community hub, buzzing with activity. Through our nutrition programs, humanities classes (arts, literature, cultural exploration), activities for physical and mental well-being, local field trips and a multitude of social services-including programs for adults of all ages with special needs and family caregivers - we take pride in having helped develop several national models that have demonstrated a positive impact on the well-being of older adults. We strive to ensure that people engaged in our myriad programs and services receive the holistic support they need in an enthusiastic and positive atmosphere. Founded in 1972, the Northshore Senior Center is a local, non-profit organization. Our service area is primarily Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville, Juanita, Mill Creek, Northeast King County and Southeast Snohomish County.
10201 E RIVERSIDE DRBothell, WA 98011
May 26, 2023
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training