Administrative Volunteer - Ross County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
Be a Part of the Team that Keeps Everything Running!
Help support the Operations Department at the American Red Cross as they work to keep everything running in an efficient manner!
- Support the overall administrative functions of the Operations Department
- Help process vendor payments
- Manage document retention and vendor contracts and relationships
- Coordinate work orders for fleet and facilities maintenance and repairs
- Perform or assist with facility emergency drills
- Copy, file, and maintain paper or electronic documents
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered
- Store and distribute financial aid cards
- Help with sorting and distributing mail
- Provide general information to staff, volunteers, clients, and the public
- Greet visitors entering the building who need direction and provide support or assistance
- Provide support in answering phones, provide information, take messages, or transfer calls
- Supportive of the American Red Cross mission and programs
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly and helpful
- Ability to use office equipment (such as copier and fax machine)
- Ability and willingness to learn and use Red Cross technology
- Basic computer skills
- Willing to volunteer in person
- Comfortable answering phones and transferring calls
- People skills are a must
- Comfortable working on your own and as part of a team
Training provided at no cost and volunteers in the position are asked to work one shifts a week. Each shift is 4.5-6 hours and you choose the shifts that you register for.
If interested you can apply by visiting, www.redcross.org/volunteer, scroll down the page, and clicking on the blue "Apply Now" words. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check. Be sure to have a photo ID handy (driver's license, passport, visa, state issued ID), you will be asked to upload a picture of it for identification purposes. After your application and background check process, a member of our volunteer screening team will reach out to you via phone/text/email - please be sure to respond!
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at email@example.com.
About American Red Cross - Central & Southern Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!
181 North Bridge StreetChillicothe, OH 45601
March 9, 2022
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 4-6 hours a week - mostly during regular business hours