3 people are interested
Food Shelf Stock
ORGANIZATION: Clare Housing
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Many people living in our affordable-housing units have a tough time meeting all of their basic needs. Sometimes they are forced to decide between paying for rent, food, or medical costs. By stocking our small emergency food shelves, you are giving our residents a crucial source of nutrition and comfort when money runs short. We need healthy, nonperishable food items such as:
- Canned meals (ravioli, chili, pork and beans, chow Mein)
- Meats, fish and protein - canned tuna, ham or chicken, beef stew, chili, peanut butter, canned/dried beans
- Hearty soups and stews
- Fruits & Vegetables - 100% fruit juice, canned fruits and vegetables, instant potatoes
- Complete Meals - pasta & canned sauce, boxed meals, hearty soups
- Grains - cereal, rice
- Microwaveable instant oatmeal
- Pancake mix (mix-with-water) and syrup
- Instant macaroni and cheese that does not require butter and milk
- Special diet foods - gluten-free, low-sugar, low-sodium
- Cleaning supplies* - laundry detergent, paper towels, kitchen and bathroom cleaners
For food safety reasons, personal care items and cleaning supplies need to be kept separate from food items.
To make room for more healthy food on our shelves, we do not accept donations of candy or soda.
About Clare Housing
929 Central Avenue NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413, US
Clare Housing provides a continuum of affordable and supportive housing options that create healing communities and optimize the health of people living with HIV/AIDS. We envision an AIDS-free world built on a foundation of equitable access to housing and health care.
Founded in 1987, Clare Housing has created an enduring legacy of providing affordable, supportive housing and compassionate care for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. Our person-focused programs are designed to bring together strategies of harm reduction, treatment and care to enhance quality of life and reduce new infections in our community.
Over the last two decades Clare Housing has grown from one residence serving four people to developing, owning, and managing seven residential programs accommodating more than 150 people. Responding to the rapidly changing complexity of the disease, we advance programs and new solutions that address the full-continuum of HIV-related housing needs in our community with the goal of ending homelessness among individuals living with HIV.
Clare Housing929 Central Ave. NEMinneapolis, MN 55413
May 25, 2022
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Date & Time: Drop off donations Monday-Wednesday 8am-2pm. Donations cannot be accepted outside of this schedule. Drop-Off: 929 Central Ave. NE, Minneapolis Ages: Everyone can help (Suitable for families) Facemasks required when dropping off.