4 people are interested
Board Member - Music Therapy Nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: Resounding Joy, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Volunteer Board MemberResounding Joy seeks new Board Members who can provide strategic leadership and expertise to support our efforts to provide music therapy to our community. We are seeking individuals with one or more of the following experiences and skills:
- Nonprofit leadership
- Music therapy background
- Financial or fundraising leadership
- HR leadership or legal background
- Fluent in 2 or more languages
- Military-connected or veterans,
- Ill and/or disabled youth,
- Members of underserved and/or marginalized communities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Passionately commit to our mission and goals,
- Actively participate in meetings and events,
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities by reviewing financial statements,
- Represent the organization in the community and serve as an advocate by promoting the program and services,
- Contribute expertise, participate, and monitor the strategic planning process,
- Serve on a committee and support a culture that encourages board members to ask questions and challenge assumptions, and
- Develop funding support by committing to an annual investment, stewarding donors, and articulating the need for and impact of Resounding Joy's programs.
Resounding Joy's Board Members shape the impact and future of the company, and are absolutely vital to the future of music in the San Diego community.
Expected start date for this opportunity is March/April, with an estimated time commitment of 4-8 hours per month. Preference will be given to applicants residing in San Diego County and/or who have the ability to commute for occasional community and special events.
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications for this volunteer position will begin on February 1, 2023.
About Resounding Joy, Inc.
11300 Sorrento Valley Rd, Ste 104, San Diego, CA 92121, US
Resounding Joy enhances the human experience through the therapeutic use of music.
Resounding Joy enhances the human experience with therapeutic applications of music. We uplift individuals and families with challenging conditions, help them achieve their goals, and support health and wellness throughout the community.
Our music therapists are highly-trained professionals who, after graduating with an approved degree in music therapy, complete a 1,200-hour internship and a challenging national board certification test. Music therapists’ education encompasses biology, psychology, and neurology, as well as training in voice, guitar, piano, percussion, and often other instruments to accommodate various evidence-based interventions.
We offer our powerful and cost-effective music therapy services through three main programs:
- Healing Notes - music therapy to support children in medical care
- Sounds of Service - music therapy to assist military rehabilitation
- Community Connections - music therapy for all
The Resounding Joy vision is to expand international awareness and to increase access to the power of music for recreational and therapeutic purposes.
11300 Sorrento Valley RoadSuite 104San Diego, CA 92121
January 16, 2023
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Strategic Planning
- Legal (General)
- Financial Planning
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hours per month, inclusive of community events, board meetings, and committee meetings.