We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Central Virginia Horse Rescue has 2 more opportunities, please check them out.See Opportunities
1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Central Virginia Horse Rescue
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Build your resume and help a deserving non profit with fundraising. Central Virginia Horse Rescue is looking for a volunteer Event Planner to manage the planning of the 4 annual events hosted by the rescue.
- Annual Fundraising Gala
- Spring Open House and Tack Swap
- Fall Open House and Tack Swap
- Annual Benefit Trail Ride
Ideal candidate will need to be able to manage a volunteer committee team to plan and execute the rescue's 4 fundraising events held quarterly for the rescue. Event Planner will work directly with the Program Director and Board to ensure that the mission of CVHR and goals are promoted.
About Central Virginia Horse Rescue
31262 Eagle Hill Trl, Fredericksburg, VA 22407, US
Central Virginia Horse Rescue, Inc (CVHR) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the compassionate care of equines. Our mission is to save, protect, and rehabilitate equines in need. We rescue unwanted, abused, neglected, or abandoned equines; provide them with care and rehabilitation; and finally find them a compatible, loving home. We believe that education is the long-term solution to improving the lives of equines.
- To rescue unwanted horses from auctions and feedlots.
- To educate horse-owners and the public about proper equine care, and the problems of neglect, abuse, and slaughter.
- To rescue equines from neglectful and abusive situations by educating owners, helping to place at-risk equines and ultimately working within the bounds of the law to remove equines from their owner’s care when deemed necessary.
- To provide gelding for unwanted stallions until they can be placed in an adoptive home.
- To rehabilitate sick, injured and underweight equines and restore them to a state of health
- To end the suffering of those equines which cannot be rehabilitated by means of humane euthanasia.
- To find all equines that come under the care of CVHR a compatible, loving home.
- To maintain a 'haybank’ to provide feed for horses in emergency situations.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 25, 2022
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- On average 10 hours a week with additional hours necessary close to events.
- Knowledge in Event Planning required.