6 people are interested
Financial Controller for Nonprofit
ORGANIZATION: RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
The Controller, under supervision of the Director of Finance, is responsible for the full lifecycle
of the accounting for the organization, utilizing the accounting software Quickbooks Online to
accomplish accounting activities. The Controller supervises the creating, recording, and
maintenance of accounting transactions by the bookkeepers; reconciles financial transactions
to ensure accuracy; generates financial reports for external and internal stakeholders; and
communicates and coordinates with outside accounting experts, such as tax CPA and auditors.
● Maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting
transactions; and ensuring compliance with accounting principles
● Understand the organization’s QuickBooks Online account; creates and maintains
QuickBooks Online users; and sets and maintains the appropriate access levels
● Make journal entries
● Records bank transactions, verifies bank drafts and charges, and resolves bank errors
● Tracks the cash balance and provide regular cash flow reports
● Performs accounting and analysis on assets and inventory accounts
● Customizes the organization’s invoice form and other forms, such as donor statements
● Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information
and trends, such as account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports
● Customizes reports for the Directors, Treasurer, outside accounting experts, government
and grant agencies, and other interested parties
● Understands and maintains knowledge of the capabilities of each level of QuickBooks
Online including Free, Basic, and Plus
● Understands the add-ons that work with QuickBooks Online, such as PayPal, and online
● Stays briefed on Intuit updates and news that affect the QuickBooks Online application
● Monitors changes in accounting rules and requirements, and ensure necessary changes are
discussed with CPA and implemented in organization
● Works with the Director of Human Resources to fill bookkeeping roles on the Finance Team
10-15 hours a month
● Two years of QuickBooks bookkeeping experience
● Associates degree in accounting or related field, preferred
● Aptitude for business and knowledge of accounting terms
● Detail oriented
● Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
● Excellent communication skills
● Excellent knowledge of computers and work with Microsoft Office (e.g., email, browsers.
Windows operating systems, and PCs)
● Committed to the message of Rukundo International
Reports to the Director of Finance
Accountable for the US bookkeeper, US-based Uganda bookkeeper, and the Uganda-based
About RUKUNDO INTERNATIONAL INC
9601 Shadow Oak Drive, Montgomery Village, MD 20886, US
Rukundo International (RI) empowers Kabale, Uganda's most vulnerable populations with educational and economic opportunities that lead to self-sustaining communities.
Founded in 2014, Rukundo International (RI) is dedicated to the overarching goal to empower women and children in Kabale, Uganda, acting as a partner and advocate, to ensure they have the basic human resources necessary to reach their full potential and to be successful. RI is also dedicated to fostering global awareness between individuals in the US and Uganda, providing opportunities to authentically learn about new cultures and develop meaningful relationships with those outside their community.
- Close to 3,000 Ugandans with access to safe water through installation of four water sources
- 50 vulnerable boys who are "off the streets" due to our boys soccer program
- 136 students enrolled in the Rukundo Preparatory School
- 1,165 girls graduated from the Girls Empowerment Program
- 57 students participating in the Scholars Program
- 22 women participating in the Women’s Cooperative to gain extra income for their households
- 100+ children engaged in our weekly Community Center programs
RI is currently partnered with Kyanamira - a small, rural community in Southwest Uganda - to create holistic, sustainable programs that provide opportunities for education, nutrition, hygiene, social development, & economic success. Working collaboratively with local government officials, community leaders, and the people, RI helps orphans, financially distressed families, and at-risk youth within the community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 11, 2022
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per calendar month, at leisure
- Two years of QuickBooks bookkeeping experience