Program Director for DOJ grants, for Public Safety Foundation
ORGANIZATION: CARM Safety Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
CHAMPION CARM to DOJ
CARM stands for Computer-Automated Risk Management
CARM Safety Foundation is focused on:
- Exciting public about a new generation of public safety capabilities; new technology
- Demonstrating new ways that technology can improve public safety
- Create strategies to engage and develop relations with DOJ and other grantees
- Drive initiatives which create awareness and recognition within DOJ in order to garner their support for CARM
- Overall, manage inter-corporate relationship with DOJ
Ideal candidates are:
- Hands-on team players
- Versatile, resourceful and appreciate the multi-faceted roles common in start-ups
- Bring prior experience with COPS grant proposals and/or with that program at DOJ
- Experienced with securing grants from other US Government sources
- Involved in involved in public safety, either as first-responder or product/ service supplier
Snapshot of What You’ll Do
- Identify areas of alignment with DOJ programs (link: https://www.justice.gov/grants)
- Identify relevant grant opportunities
- Recruit allies in order to qualify for grants
- Craft proposal(s) which meet COPS/DOJ objectives and improve their brand
- Manage our relationship with COPS/DOJ leadership
- Develop plans for outreach to law enforcement or legal industry
- Engage select end user communities who require greater safety
- Project manage and drive engagement with local organizations
Who We’re Looking For
Best for us is someone who is passionate about the role of US Government funding which inspires new methods for public safety, specifically, and law enforcement in general - engaging and exciting curiosity. Since we are a start-up, it’s essential that you are open minded and versatile, and thrilled by challenge to accomplish great things in a lean environment.
And, you bring experience persuading budget allocation or grant funding, especially where there is no precedent for a new type of program.
Your Time with CARM Safety Foundation will be inspiring because:
- Achieve challenging goals, create concrete impact for our business that may lead to career advancement opportunities
- Work with inspiring colleagues and in start-up, low overhead culture
- Autonomy and rapid decision making
- Insight into future opportunities as paid contractor, as funding allows
About CARM Safety Foundation
921 SW Sixth Ave. Suite 3088, Portland, OR 97204, US
CARM Safety Foundation serves to educate and support scientific purposes related to computer-aided risk management (CARM), in order to increase public safety.
We operate as a 501c3 non-profit organization. Founded in 2020, we are a start-up working to assure that more technology is applied to make the public safer. CARM is an emerging commercial capability that uses sensors for data gathering and computers to predict threats before tragedy occurs to humans. This concept was pioneered by NASA, and others have embraced this approach, including SpaceX. CARM solutions will apply similar capabilities/technologies towards a much broader goal of improving public safety.
Volunteers are needed to the functional areas of typical companies. The founders of CARM Safety Foundation are veterans of the technology industry, and feel an urgent need to add more capability for keeping people safe at work, school or during other group activities.
In addition to helping in your area of expertise -- or another area where you want to demonstrate more experience and impact -- all volunteers will gain a greater appreciation for a wide range of technology and how that industry grew via scores of inter-corporate collaborations.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will be a part of saving lives, CARM Safety Foundation would like to work with you.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
May 16, 2022
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Law Enforcement
- Grant Writing / Research
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Work hours and time volume set by volunteer. On occasion, attend online meetings at set time. Projects which require any sort of plan should have an end date and intermediate milestones, however time investment up to the volunteer.
- Fluent English language writing capability.