We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Loveland Learning Garden has 1 more opportunity, please check it out.See Opportunities
1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: Loveland Learning Garden
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
As a volunteer run nonprofit, finding and engaging volunteers to support the organization's work is critical for our ongoing success. This role would be responsible to:
- Partner with the leadership team to understand needs
- Post opportunities on Volunteer Match, Just Serve and University of Cincinnati's Center of Community Engagement; can involve staying connected to local high schools to invite groups seeking service hours (e.g., NHS)
- Respond to volunteer inquiries and connect individuals and groups to our nonprofit work
- Maintain constant contact database
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Loveland Learning Garden
550 Loveland-Madeira Road, Loveland, OH 45140, US
Our mission is to foster lifelong connections to the wonders of the natural world. We believe in the benefits of immersing kids in the outdoors from a young age and the lasting impact of positive impressions with nature. To support this, our non-profit creates and manages garden and nature based programs on school grounds for elementary students. Our garden and nature trail are used to enhance classroom study while allowing children an opportunity to experience nature, the satisfaction of growing their own food and contributing harvest to the local food pantry.
Our program in Loveland, OH, serves ~1,400 1st-4th grade students and has been a local and national role model for outdoor school garden and nature programs. Working in collaboration with school administration and staff, we offer a complete package of services that include:
- Design and year-round maintenance of educational food garden and nature trail on school grounds.
- A customized, age appropriate curriculum aligned with both school and state requirements
- A schedule of outdoor learning classes provided for classroom teacher signup
- Nature educators prepared to teach interactive lessons
- A non-profit board overseeing results and building a sustainable operation with strong school and teacher partnership
- Hands-on learning enhancing student understanding of science, math, social studies, health and the natural world as they interact with their environment.
- After school enrichment programs and community events
- Donation to local food pantry and use of all food grown
- Student discovery of plant cycles, garden habitats, food production and fresh produce
- Student connection and observation of change in nature
600 Loveland-Madeira RoadLoveland, OH 45140
February 20, 2022
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- flexible to availability
- experience with volunteer recruiting and engagement ideal but not required; administrative skills to maintain volunteer list in constant contact