Loveland Learning Garden
- Board Development
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location550 Loveland-Madeira RoadLoveland, OH 45140 United States
Our mission it to foster lifelong connections to the wonders of the natural world. To support this, our non-profit creates and manages garden and nature based programs on school grounds for elementary students. Our outdoor classrooms are used to enhance classroom study while allowing children an opportunity to experience nature, the satisfaction of growing their own food and contributing harvest to the local food pantry.
Our program in Loveland, OH, serves ~1,200 1st-4th grade students and has been a local and national role model for outdoor school garden and nature programs. Working in collaboration with school administration and staff, we offer a complete package of services that include:
- Design and year-round maintenance of educational food gardens and nature trails on the school’s grounds.
- A customized, age appropriate curriculum aligned with both school and state requirements
- A schedule of outdoor learning classes provided for classroom teacher signup
- Trained Garden Educators prepared to teach interactive lessons
- A non-profit board overseeing results and building a sustainable operation with strong school and teacher partnership
- Hands-on learning enhancing student understanding of science, math, social studies, health and the natural world as they interact with their environment.
- Donation to local food pantry and use of all food grown
- Student discovery of plant cycles, garden habitats, food production and fresh produce
- Student connection and observation of change in nature
Lesson plans on our website are accessed by garden educators across the country. Many have come to Loveland to learn about the program.