We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
1 person is interested
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The EnCiv.org website needs a redesign with better visuals and messaging and it needs to figure out how to communicate a difficult message.
Our challenge is that we have a big mission - described here: https://youtu.be/Tb2u0h_IUGc
And our first step toward this a system for automated debates as scale - you can see here: https://cc.enciv.org/country:us/organization:ucla-student-accociation/office:usac-president/2021-05-07
Our target audience for the web site is
1) Funders/philanthropists who learn about us through our efforts to raise money by applying to grants
2) Volunteers (like you!)
3) Administrators of elections for democratically run organizations - we are about to launch a version of undebates that will allow organizations like the UCLA Student Association (in the example above) to create their own elections. Mostly we will be targeting them with a specific landing page -but they will be looking at our website to decide if they want to work with us.
4) People who think that our democracy is in trouble and believe that uniting is the path forward. (Yes there are a a few)
We can build the website - technically. And we have interesting capabilities using video that would be good to show off- but we need help communicating visually.
There is a lot of text we can make available from past grant applications.
We are looking for a hands on marketing-branding-designer-genius who can talk to us and get us to a web site that inspires people.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
1340 Reynolds Ave #116-1080, Irvine, CA 92614, US
We are building a web portal for productive national democratic discourse and decision making, where proven in-person discussion processes are translated into online experiences involving fully automated text and video. Imagine Democrats, Republicans, Independents and people of every political ideology working together, productively, on the important issues like healthcare, the economy, and even climate and coming to awesome solutions they all agree to and implement. This happens when dialog and deliberation is applied in small groups, it’s time to make that happen in large scale, quickly, and inexpensively. Let’s build that together.
We are a virtual organization, with volunteers from all over the world.
Our first step in this mission was taking the debate process online with Undebates, a tool that automates the process of asking candidates questions and assembling the results into an interactive online video player accessible to voters so they can quickly make voting decisions. We worked with Ballotpedia to launch this in elections across the country in 2020. See our MVP at https://cc.enciv.org/san-francisco-district-attorney .
Join us and help make democracy more productive (online).
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 14, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Market Research / Analysis
- Graphic Design
- We don't have a deadline, but you will know better than we how much time is required.