DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
NHQ:BIO - BHQ - Social Media Group Moderator
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Biomedical Services (BIO) team. This is a 100% virtual (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. This position is designed to serve as a donor concierge to social media group members, assisting with frequently asked questions, helping maintain a welcoming community experience and serving as the voice of the American Red Cross in responses. This group includes a combination of the most loyal existing donors and new donors seeking information. By engaging with these unique donor groups directly, our goals are to increase donor frequency and retention.
- Represent the Red Cross by helping donors who have questions regarding appointments and providing correct information, acting as a donor concierge.
- Approve or decline member-generated posts.
- Ensure that posts fit within the group rules before posting and be ready to immediately post a Red Cross response if the post is on a hot topic.
- Help enforce the group rules, which can include: closing comments on a post, deleting a post or private messaging group members about rule violations.
- Carefully watch posts that are becoming divisive and step in quickly to close or delete posts if needed.
- Respond to mentions and direct messages.
- Join existing conversations by validating information, correcting misinformation, and sharing information.
- Pass on feedback via end-of-shift report and alert leadership of any immediate concerns.
- Reliable access to resources needed to volunteer 100% virtually
- Experience moderating social media groups or communities
- Experience serving as a public-facing communicator
- Knowledge and/or experience related to blood donations
- Knowledge and/or experience related to platelet or plasma donations
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Familiarity and access to Facebook & Excel well as dependable internet access
- Ability to clearly communicate written responses as a Red Cross representative, using both provided responses and custom replies.
- Patience, empathy, good customer service skills and calm demeanor, particularly when dealing with group member conflicts and negative donation experiences
Minimum 6 month commitment; renewable
- Language of Caring Training
- Red Cross Facebook Moderation Training (part of onboarding)
- Social Media Guidelines for Employees and Volunteers (part of onboarding)
- Policy for Red Cross Branded Social Media Accounts (part of onboarding)
Unique communications and community management experience, ability to grow customer service skills
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 11, 2023
- Social Media / Blogging
- Customer Service
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Flexible schedule, but will need to set a schedule for 3+ shifts per month, with a minimum of 2 hours per shift. At least 6 hours per month. Most shifts are nights and weekends, but occasional weekday help will be needed.