1 person is interested
Yellowstone Valley Area - Communications Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Special Olympics Montana
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Special Olympics in the greater Billings area is actively searching for a Communications Coordinator. Do you have strengths in communicating, organization and have good people skills? If so, this position could be for you!
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for communicating the progress, events, and daily activities of Area leaders, local programs, and athletes to the public.
- Promotion & Outreach: Promote the achievements of area athletes and volunteers by collecting stories and sharing them via social media, email, and the SOMT Communications Department.
- Work to promote Area competitions and fundraising opportunities.
- Assist Area Director in preparing and distributing press releases and media notices.
- Social Media: Manage Area Facebook page regularly to reflect current events and announcements for Area leadership and local programs.
EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE: The ability to communicate effectively with others verbally, in writing and via social media. Must complete Class A volunteer application and screening process through Special Olympics Montana.
TRAINING PROVIDED: New coordinator orientation and position-specific training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff. Ongoing training provided annually.
COMPENSATION: Smiles, hugs, and lifelong friendship! This is a volunteer, non-paid position. Allowable expense reimbursements are available.
BENEFITS: Be part of something great and help individuals with intellectual disabilities train for life through sports. Make friends, open hearts, change lives and be part of the Special Olympics movement.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Multiple locations Billings, MT 59101
March 21, 2023
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Special Needs
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies depending on the season.
- Class A Volunteer paperwork is required.