DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Support Your Community's Recovery and Resiliency by Joining Red Cross Disaster Mental Health!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Central California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
If you are a Clinically Licensed Behavioral Health Practitioner, we have incredible virtual volunteer experiences available to you. These opportunities are a great way to gain unique direct services experience and CEU’s. Mental health professionals play a central and rewarding role in Red Cross disaster relief operations, offering emotional support and promoting resilience in responders and survivors who are coping with stress and loss. Disaster Mental Health workers respond to the psychosocial and emotional needs of people affected by disaster. This includes members of the affected community as well as other members of the Red Cross workforce experiencing the stress of disaster response. Using professional knowledge and skills, Disaster Mental Health workers provide approved interventions that focus on basic care, support and comfort of individuals experiencing disaster-related stress.
* Provide crisis intervention to clients impacted by a disaster.
* Participate in relevant meetings and activities as a member of the Disaster Mental Health chapter team.
* Help facilitate long-term recovery for clients impacted by disaster.
* Help clients connect to other resources in the community as needed
* Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local mental health agencies.
* Support other disaster responders before, during and after disaster response using
* Requires strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work directly with others
* Desire to work in the community
* Ability to show initiative, communicate and work well with others
* Flexible; easily adapt to surroundings and tasks
* Ability to interact effectively with culturally diverse audiences
* Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills
* This work requires access to a phone and computer.
Master’s level or higher mental health professional with independent, clinical and unencumbered license in one of the following disciplines: Psychiatry, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, School Counseling/Psychology; Nursing (APN or CS in Mental Health area; RN’s who are board certified in Psy/MH).
Retired mental health professionals who meet the above criteria and maintained a license/certification in good standing upon retirement without any disciplinary action taken by the issuing US state or territory licensing or certification board.
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
5035 Gilmore AvenueBAKERSFIELDBakersfield, CA 93308
December 11, 2023
- Mental Health
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Search & Rescue
- Disaster Response
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training