DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Support our Troops by Becoming a Red Cross Caseworker!
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Central California Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Utilize your listening skills and empathetic personality to provide service to the armed forces. Support the Red Cross mission by ensuring that military families' needs are met when faced with an emergency.
Support the Red Cross mission
* Maintain strict confidentiality of any case notes, names and other personal information in accordance with Red Cross policies
* Understand and apply Service to Armed Forces (SAF) policies, procedures and protocols related to Red Cross client services consistently and correctly
* Support the follow up process to include making follow-up calls to military members and/or families to determine if their needs are met, providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service
* Acquire a working knowledge of local, state and federal resources aiding military members, families and veterans
* Maintain professionalism and conduct as stated in Red Cross policy
* Successful American Red Cross background check
* Complete required national training and locally developed orientation
* Able to support Red Cross SAF mission; have an awareness of and appreciation for military culture, military families, and veterans' issues
* Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross
* Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, and interpret information from clients, staff, and management
* Good computer skills to include use of Internet search tools; Intranet; and Microsoft Office Suite, to include Outlook, word-processing, database and/or spreadsheet applications
* Effective interviewing skills and a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity
* Ability to work with or without supervision
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Good customer service skills; Ability to work well with others
* Willingness to gain knowledge of community resources
* Able to work with culturally diverse populations
50 More opportunities with American Red Cross Central California Region6 Reviews
About American Red Cross Central California Region
1300 W. Shaw Ave., Ste. 4B, Fresno, CA 93711, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Types of volunteer opportunities may include:
Boots on the Ground -- Your role could be to respond to home fires and other emergencies in your community, conduct in-home smoke alarm installations, or working in a wildfire shelter providing safe accommodations.
Instructor/Presenter positions to deliver education programs focused on preparedness, disasters and how to "Be Red Cross Ready" to adults and youth.
Working behind the Scenes positions include Keep the Red Cross Running -- Your role could be administrative/office support, scheduling shifts for your fellow volunteers, or logistics management to ensure disaster relief operations have the necessary supplies and equipment.
Lead the Way -- "Leadership" volunteers guide our efforts, inspire our volunteers and hold us accountable to the highest standards. Your role could be to lead a small team of fellow volunteers, act as an advisor to a Red Cross Club for youth, or support local Red Cross services by joining an advisory board or the Board of Directors.
Tell the Red Cross Story -- Communications & Outreach volunteers educate the public about Red Cross services and stories in your community. By getting our message out, you'll educate people in need about how we can help, while attracting volunteers and donors to the mission.
You can make a difference today at by becoming a volunteer at redcross.org/volunteer
6405 Lake Isabella BoulevardLake Isabella, CA 93240
May 21, 2023
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Public Advocacy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment · Flexible, with a scheduled commitment · Virtual, with in-person training