1 person is interested
LGBTQIA+ Supervisor (Volunteer/Remote)
ORGANIZATION: ABUSE REFUGE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position, however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse including: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child, and Self-abuse.
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
- Oversee a growing team of LGBTQIA+ Coordinators
Responsibilities And What You Will Do:
- Serve as primary support and resource for LGBTQIA volunteers and community members
- Assist the LGBTQIA Manager in the day-to-day tasks of the LBGTQIA team
- Collaborate across ARO to develop and review policies and practices that advance inclusion
- Research and initiate partnership opportunities with prospective organizations in the local and global community
- Brainstorm and consistently document new, creative approaches to inclusive campaigns and create executable plans
- Continuously look for event opportunities to get the ARO's name out there
- Attend all brainstorming and company calls
- Other tasks as needed.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of identities, issues, and research related to the LGBTQIA+ community.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized
- A strong work ethic, ability to take initiative, and is a self-starter
- Collaborative nature and confidence in performance
- Eagerness to work and thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, startup environment, and adjust to new priorities as needed
- Must be available to volunteer 10-15+ hours a week
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To prepare for your interview:
1) Completely peruse and review our website at http://GoARO.org
2) Prepare a few good questions for the interview
3) Interviews are typically 30-40 minutes so please make your responses during the interview succinct and timely
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For our hiring practices please refer to this link: https://abuserefuge.org/human-resources/#BFOQ
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 4, 2022
- 10-15+ hrs/week