Marketing Cloud Email Developer
ORGANIZATION: Sierra Club Ohio Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
Development of regular statewide and targeted email sends through a database called Marketing Cloud.
The Marketing Cloud Developer is a very important position for keeping our members and public up to date on our efforts and activities. This person needs to keep in touch on conservation issues on the local, state and national scenes. Some sources of such information are through Sierra Magazine, Chapter leaders, and other communications from Sierra Club. Regular communication with our volunteer leaders and staff is very important. Contacts should also be established with the leaders of various committees or activities, for knowledge of newsworthy items. The following responsibilities are important for regularly utilizing our outreach email platform.
- To publish regular emails and/or newsletter that reflects the Club’s conservation priorities at the local, state and national level, and informs local members about events in their area
- Establish priority and timeliness of news articles; set and maintain deadlines and production schedules. Work closely with staff and committee chairs to identify lead articles and calendar items
- Assure that job mechanics are properly completed: typing, proof-reading, layout, labeling and mailing
- Get training in Marketing Cloud, a tool to send out digital emails
- Attend regular meetings about content and collaboration with the communications team
- Work with others on the communication team to increase our usage and collaboration on outreach platforms
- Develop a procedure for volunteers and staff to request email sends in Ohio
- Solicit background information and graphics if needed
- Stay up to date on news and events relating to Sierra Club issues in Ohio
- Pull data about how our emails are performing and come up with ways to improve
- Compile plans on future email sends and facilitation around that
- Other tasks as assigned and day-to-day support for the communications team
Knowledge and skills:
- Editing and revision knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Can write in a manner that is accurate, witty, and compelling
- Independent self-starter
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Experience in graphic design is a plus but not required
- Knowledge and background with environmental and social justice issues is a plus, but not required
- Excited to help protect our environment and promote social justice by creating a digital buzz
- Practice and develop skills in graphic design and external communications
- Support Sierra Club Ohio with ongoing critical work through digital activism
- Join a team and meet new people around the state
- Be part of a group working towards intersectional communication practices
- Putting your skills to use to help advocate for Environmental and Social Justice
This position is unpaid - start date and hours are flexible. Anyone applying must be from Ohio. We highly encourage all interested parties with diverse backgrounds to apply! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Nicole Wolcott ( email@example.com ), with any questions.
About Sierra Club Ohio Chapter
131 N. High Street, Suite 605, Columbus, OH 43215, US
Explore, Enjoy, and Protect the Planet
Founded by legendary conservationist John Muir in 1892, the Sierra Club is now the nation's largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization -- with more than two million members and supporters. Our successes range from protecting millions of acres of wilderness to helping pass the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Endangered Species Act. More recently, we've made history by leading the charge to move away from the dirty fossil fuels that cause climate disruption and toward a clean energy economy.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 21, 2022
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Program Management
- Content Management Systems
- Must be at least 18
- 10-20 hours per month