10 people are interested
Marketing Cloud Email Developer
ORGANIZATION: Sierra Club Ohio
Please visit the new page to apply.
10 people are interested
Development of regular statewide and targeted email sends through a database called Marketing Cloud.
The Marketing Cloud Developer is a very important position for keeping our members and public up to date on our efforts and activities. This person needs to keep in touch on conservation issues on the local, state and national scenes. Some sources of such information are through Sierra Magazine, Chapter leaders, and other communications from Sierra Club. Regular communication with our volunteer leaders and staff is very important. Contacts should also be established with the leaders of various committees or activities, for knowledge of newsworthy items. The following responsibilities are important for regularly utilizing our outreach email platform.
- To publish regular emails and/or newsletter that reflects the Club’s conservation priorities at the local, state and national level, and informs local members about events in their area
- Establish priority and timeliness of news articles; set and maintain deadlines and production schedules. Work closely with staff and committee chairs to identify lead articles and calendar items
- Assure that job mechanics are properly completed: typing, proof-reading, layout, labeling and mailing
- Get training in Marketing Cloud, a tool to send out digital emails
- Attend regular meetings about content and collaboration with the communications team
- Work with others on the communication team to increase our usage and collaboration on outreach platforms
- Develop a procedure for volunteers and staff to request email sends in Ohio
- Solicit background information and graphics if needed
- Stay up to date on news and events relating to Sierra Club issues in Ohio
- Pull data about how our emails are performing and come up with ways to improve
- Compile plans on future email sends and facilitation around that
- Other tasks as assigned and day-to-day support for the communications team
Knowledge and skills:
- Editing and revision knowledge
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Can write in a manner that is accurate, witty, and compelling
- Independent self-starter
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Experience in graphic design is a plus but not required
- Knowledge and background with environmental and social justice issues is a plus, but not required
- Excited to help protect our environment and promote social justice by creating a digital buzz
- Practice and develop skills in graphic design and external communications
- Support Sierra Club Ohio with ongoing critical work through digital activism
- Join a team and meet new people around the state
- Be part of a group working towards intersectional communication practices
- Putting your skills to use to help advocate for Environmental and Social Justice
This position is unpaid - start date and hours are flexible. Anyone applying must be from Ohio. We highly encourage all interested parties with diverse backgrounds to apply! Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Nicole Wolcott ( firstname.lastname@example.org ), with any questions.
About Sierra Club Ohio
PO Box 1977, Westerville, OH 43086, US
Explore, Enjoy, and Protect the Planet
Since 1892, the Sierra Club has been working to protect communities, wild places, and the planet itself. We are the oldest, largest, and most influential grassroots environmental organization in the United States.
The Ohio Chapter was established in 1968 and represents more than 125,000 members and supporters. The Chapter advocates for energy efficiency, renewable energy, and public transit. We proudly defend Ohio’s forests, state parks, and nature preserves. We preserve water resources by advocating for green infrastructure, factory farm regulation, and protections for Lake Erie and watersheds throughout the state. Finally, we promote Ohio’s transition to a 21st-century economy through the creation of good-paying, long-standing green jobs.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
April 17, 2023
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Graphic Design / Print
- Program Management
- Content Management Systems
- Must be at least 18
- 10-20 hours per month