Share your love of books and inspire a whole new generation of book lovers!
Read to disadvantaged preschool children in their preschool classroom. With your help, children can develop early literacy skills they will need to succeed in school. Assist teachers in the classroom. Teach colors, letters and numbers to children entering kindergarten. Assignments are available at multiple Head Start locations throughout Montgomery Chester and Delaware Counties and Philadelphia's Chinatown. Perfect opportunity for anyone with a love for reading and children.
Training and orientation provided. Immediate openings.
- Literacy / Reading
- Teaching / Instruction
- Child Development
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week for the school year
- Explore Volunteering
- America Reads/Reading Coaches
- Volunteer Executive Consultants...
- Get joy from Reading to...
- Adult Literacy
- America Reads/Reading Coaches in...
- Meals on Wheels in Kennett
- America Reads / Reading Coaches...
- Virtual Algebra Tutors
- Medicare Counseling
- Classroom Tutors
- STEM Career Exploration Presenters
- Mentoring Students
- Meals-on-Wheels in Coatesville
- Helping Seniors at Home
- Veterans Return to School
- Community Links Programs