Please visit the new page to apply.
Created October 2021
MISSION: PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination, in Southeast Colorado Springs, that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
VISION: Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.
Purpose of Volunteer Position: To help maintain an accurate recording of a PPCM's financial accounts and records.
Number of hours: 5-10 hours per week
Location: Remote & I n person
Reports to: Currently, the Board President; Future, the Treasurer
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Board President and Treasurer
- Create and maintain the accounting records for the organization using the QuickBooks Online applications.
- Reconcile all accounts as needed.
- Interface with outside accounting experts such as tax CPA, auditors, and QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor consultants.
- Assist the Board Treasurer in running and customizing reports that provide business analysis and results.
- Create and maintain QuickBooks Online organization data. Understand the account and organization setup steps and maintain a general knowledge of the major areas of the QuickBooks Online application.
- Create and maintain QuickBooks Online users, and set and maintain the appropriate access levels
- Export periodic backups of the QuickBooks Online organization data.
- Create and maintain employees including contact information, payroll salary or rate information, and related employment data, such as W-4s and other new hire paperwork.
- Track the cash balance and alert the Executive Director and Board Treasurer with regular cash flow reports.
- Customize reports for the Executive Director, Board Treasurer, outside accounting experts, government agencies, outside payroll services, and other interested parties. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports.
- Reconcile bank accounts and perform account analysis on assets and liability accounts.
- Make (or ensure they’re made) payroll tax deposits, and create and file (or ensure it’s done) payroll tax reports.
- Work with CPA and QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor consultants as requested.
- Prepare or monitor the preparation of payroll.
- Make journal entries as directed.
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Can work remotely for most tasks
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Consider being a part of the Program Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- Must be in Colorado Springs and able to come to the museum
- Excellent knowledge of computers and the Internet. Work fluently with Microsoft Office, email, browsers, Windows operating systems, and PCs.
- Ability and knack for working with numerical data. Attention to detail. Accurate.
- Solid understanding of the three levels of QuickBooks Online application: Free, Basic, and Plus.
- Knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of business and accounting terms such as profit, ROI, assets, liabilities, etc.
- Ability to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, such as copying, faxing, filing, and shredding
- Innovative and creative in the form of continuous improvement to internal processes.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 13, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Data Entry
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18