Mini Events Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer Mini Events Coordinator
Created October 2021
MISSION: PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination, in Southeast Colorado Springs, that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
VISION: Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.
Purpose of Volunteer Position: Helps to coordinate mini fundraising events throughout the year. Does not include our major events listed below.
Number of hours: 5-10 hours per week depending on which event you are working on & time of year.
Location: In person
Reports to: Currently, the Executive Director & Fundraising Coordinator
Works Closely with: The Executive Director, Social media volunteers and Public Relations Coordinator
- Identify the requirements and expectations for each event.
- Coordinate mini events for fundraising throughout the year. These include restaurant fundraisers, brewery fundraisers, other small business fundraisers and mini event fundraisers (for example, maybe a Mother’s Day event at the museum)
- Look out for and learn about different opportunities for different ways we can fundraise throughout the year.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- Work with PPCM to create a team specifically for the event and host meetings as needed and delegate
Tasks as needed.
- Be a part of the Fundraising/Events Committee and be able to meet in person or Zoom 1x a month
Volunteer Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Can work remotely for most tasks
- Meetings for the event team and the fundraising/events committee needs to be in person or Zoom/Google meets
- Be available for the day of the event to manage the event
- Understand and promote PPCM’s mission
- Help arrange for needed volunteers with the VOlunteer Coordinator
- Make sure the marketing team knows how to market the event & have all the information they need
- Be a part of the Fundraising/Events Committee - meets 1-2 hours monthly; in person or Zoom
- Be able to meet more as needed with a team of volunteers for the specific event.
- Be an ambassador for PPCM
- Help to educate the community about PPCM
Recommended Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 18 years old
- May work remotely out of Colorado Springs
- At least 3 years’ experience as an event coordinator.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Experience in hospitality, customer service and/or Public relations is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under a lot of pressure/stress (especially day of the event)
About Pikes Peak Children's Museum
2565 Airport Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80910, US
PPCM is a community-built, hands-on educational destination that engages ALL children and their grown-ups by sparking creativity through purposeful play.
Our vision is to be a trusted, growing educational resource, and a community collaborator who offers opportunities to inspire children to reach their unique potential.The express objectives of PPCM are to provide:
- A dynamic hands-on, engaging and fun educational experience focused on the age group 0-10.
- A place for this demographic to encounter boundless opportunities for discovery and imagination, sparking a passion for life-long learning.
- A compelling environment to nurture wonder and creativity, encouraging children’s innate desire to explore the world around them.
- An indispensable resource for children, families, the community at large and elementary-level educators as a mutually beneficial connecting point.
2565 Airport RoadColorado Springs, CO 80910
January 13, 2022
- Event Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training