1 person is interested
Secretary - Sierra Club Ohio
ORGANIZATION: Sierra Club Ohio Chapter
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
The secretary will have the overall responsibility of maintaining the non-financial records of Sierra Club Ohio.
We are looking for a volunteer to fill this exciting role of supporting Sierra Club Ohio (https://www.sierraclub.org/ohio). As the Secretary, join our team to assist with general day to day record keeping and serving the quasi-legal role of advising Sierra Club Ohio on its formal responsibilities to the Club and to the membership, and help to assure those responsibilities are carried out.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Recording the minutes from Sierra Club Ohio Steering Committee (https://www.sierraclub.org/ohio/executive-committee-page) (biweekly meetings on Tuesdays from 5:00-6:30 PM in an accurate, understandable manner, reflecting the essence of discussion.
- Tracking motions and results of votes in meetings. The wording of complex and/or critical motions should be read back to those present before the vote to assure they are recorded correctly and reflect the intent of the maker of the motion.
- Additional duties may be added as the volunteer grows in this role.
- Other tasks as assigned and day-to-day support for Sierra Club Ohio.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge in using Google Platforms is a plus
- Strong written skills
- Basic familiarity general meeting operating procedures
- Independent self-starter
- Team player
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Knowledge and background with environmental and social justice issues
- Support Sierra Club Ohio with ongoing critical work in our network of staff and volunteers
- Join a team and meet new people around the state
- Build your skills for collaboration and communication
- Be part of a group working towards equitable community building and connection
This volunteer position is unpaid - start date and hours are flexible. Anyone applying must be from Ohio. Please reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Nicole Wolcott (email@example.com) with any questions. We highly encourage all interested parties with diverse backgrounds to apply!
About Sierra Club Ohio Chapter
131 N. High Street, Suite 605, Columbus, OH 43215, US
Explore, Enjoy, and Protect the Planet
Founded by legendary conservationist John Muir in 1892, the Sierra Club is now the nation's largest and most influential grassroots environmental organization -- with more than two million members and supporters. Our successes range from protecting millions of acres of wilderness to helping pass the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, and Endangered Species Act. More recently, we've made history by leading the charge to move away from the dirty fossil fuels that cause climate disruption and toward a clean energy economy.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 19, 2023
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Environmental Science
- Must be at least 18
- 4 hours a month
- Available for biweekly meetings on Tuesdays from 5:00-6:30 PM EST