Rescue Food Sorting
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteers will check expiration dates, quality of packing, boxing, and weighing food items getting it ready for our agency distribution.
- Days and times vary week to week.
- Maximum amount of people 10.
- Minimum age requirement is 12 years of age or older.
- Attire: Closed toed shoes are a must! Layered casual modest clothing. Anyone wearing flip flops or other inappropriate shoes will not be able to participate.
- All participants must be able to walk, bend and lift boxes of product weighing up to 35 pounds without assistance.
- All volunteers are required to sign-up on-line via a link your group leader will provide to you. Volunteer orientation is not required for groups.
- Check in with the Director of Volunteer Services, Christina Forino, in the lobby of the 4156-building asking for the Volunteer Department. Look for the double glass doors under the orange awning.
- All activities are based upon product availability and may be cancelled if no inventory available or if there are staffing issues.
- No court/probation hours accepted for this activity.
Link to register: https://cerv.is/0303x1124
About Food Share, Inc.
4156 Southbank Road, Oxnard, CA 93036, US
Food Share is dedicated to leading the fight against hunger in Ventura County.
Food Share innovatively and efficiently gathers and distributes food, serving those in need through a network of charitable agencies. Our dedicated volunteers and staff fight hunger with compassion and commitment to ensure that people have ready access to nutritious food. Food Share responds to community emergencies quickly and effectively.
4156 Southbank RoadOxnard, CA 93036
January 12, 2022