Mentorship Program Assistant
Please visit the new page to apply.
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
FTE 0.250 Working hours per week: 10
While reporting to the Girls Discipleship Coordinator, the Mentorship Program Assistant will coordinate and track the Mentorship Program at JAARS. This role will oversee the mentoring program to guide and influence students’ faith and spiritual walk.
- Provide guidance and coaching for the program mentors which may include, but is not limited to relationship building, mentorship for trust, developing sustained connection between mentor and student
- In collaboration with the Girls Discipleship Coordinator, ensure that the resources and provisions are available to provide for successful mentoring
- Provide meaningful feedback on mentor-mentee pairings
- Provide regular feedback on progress and areas of development for mentors assigned to the program; generate timely recommendations or solutions to gaps in the program’s success
- Assist in the selection, screening, onboarding and training of mentors
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Willingness to consistently display commitment and respect
- Ability to be ready to listen well and with an open mind, along with providing counsel and advice in difficult life situations and stages
- Good people skills and relate well to all age groups
- Experience working with middle school, high school and young adults, preferred
- Able to train and motivate mentors
- Familiarity with Third Culture Kids is a plus
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
January 10, 2022
- Youth Services
- Crisis Intervention
- People 55+
- Background Check