iOS Software Developer
Please visit the new page to apply.
Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw or Remote
Create applications that serve the mission transportation community. Build and maintain innovative iOS and iPadOS applications for use in support of mission work around the world. Primary focus on working with a team to develop and maintain high-end iOS applications.
- Design and build iOS and iPadOS applications
- Code migration and enhancements to convert legacy web apps to native iOS apps
- Collaborate with the design team to define new app features
- Ensure quality and performance of the application to specifications
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bugs
- Design and implement application updates
- Communicate regularly and write clean code. Review, analyze and resolve application issues Collaborate with team members on the design and implementation of new applications and new function within existing applications
- Develop app performance improvement, new app features and supporting applications.
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Deep understanding of UIKit, Foundation, SwiftUI and other core iOS frameworks
- Experience working with GitHub version control in a collaborative team environment, issue management, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Contributed to at least one application on the Apple AppStore.
- 3+ years in iOS Development experience with Swift.
- Strong communication skills with a user/customer-centric, focus and an always-learning mindset.
- Four year college degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- To ensure success as an iOS Developer, you should have a strong working knowledge of iOS Frameworks, be proficient in Swift, SwiftUI and the Xcode IDE, and be able to work as part of a dispersed team.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
January 10, 2022
- IT Strategy
- Database Administration
- Google Apps
- People 55+
- Background Check