1 person is interested
A Tutor/Mentor Opportunity - Math Classroom Coaching
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Interested in helping students with math? Enjoy working with middle school students? Then the Math Classroom Coaching (MCC) program is for you! Join us as we help Austin ISD students increase their understanding of math and confidence in their math skills.
About the MCC Program:
- Volunteers work with a small group of 2 to 4 middle school students once a week for 45 minutes in a classroom with other volunteers and a teacher present.
- You can choose the class time that works best for you, with options in the mornings or afternoons on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at Covington, Dobie, and Martin middle schools.
- You will receive training prior to your first session, and lessons with answers in advance each week.
- All volunteers must complete a background check.
- This spring, the MCC program will run from January to May.
To learn more and sign up, visit: https://austinpartners.org/get-involved/math-classroom-coaching/
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Note: Currently, Math Classroom Coaching volunteers serve students in-person on AISD campuses, and are required to wear masks at all times. A valid for of ID is required to enter the campus.
About Austin Partners In Education
3100 E. 4th Street, Austin, TX 78702, US
Our Mission: Improve student college and career readiness and expand STEM opportunities through community engagement.
Focusing on Austin ISD’s schools located in under-resourced communities and serving predominantly economically disadvantaged students, Austin Partners in Education delivers innovative, volunteer-driven academic and mentoring programs. APIE’s 1,550 volunteers work with students at pivotal junctures in their education, providing a vital extension of academic and social/emotional support to students. Through the flagship Classroom Coaching program, students benefit from small group (3:1 or below) instruction from volunteers drawn from more than 200 Austin area government agencies, businesses and community organizations.
APIE is currently implementing the following programs:
- Middle School Math Classroom Coaching: Volunteers in the classroom work weekly with students to build a strong foundation in middle school math, putting them on track to succeed in high school algebra.
- College Readiness: College Readiness Advocates provide tutoring and college access mentoring to prepare students for college-level coursework.
- Mentoring (all grades): Volunteers work one-on-one with students during the school day to help students improve their social and study skills, strengthen their communication skills, and build self-confidence.
Various schools in Austin ISDAustin, TX 78701
January 6, 2022
- Math / Science Instruction
- Youth Services
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 45 minutes once a week during the school year
- This volunteer opportunity takes place during the school day. To see all available time slots, please visit our website (link above).