Fundraising Supervisor (Volunteer/Remote)
Please visit the new page to apply.
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skill sets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position, however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, Cyber, Spousal, Bullying, and Self-abuse.
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
The Fundraising Supervisor will assist the manager in designing and planning initiatives to create events and opportunities to raise money for ARO’s programs.
- Assists in overseeing a team of fundraising coordinators
- Hires and trains fundraising staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and work of fundraising staff.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Research opportunities that could be appropriate partnerships for ARO.
- Creates connections with similar organizations or individuals who are able to help our cause.
- Conducts outreach to those mentioned above.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Identifies the audience, including new and potential clients and members; develops a communication strategy and "voice" appropriate for reaching that audience.
- Develops and implements a long-term plan to communicate the company’s mission statement internally and externally.
- Promotes community events involving the company.
- Oversees and organizes fundraising activities.
- Drafts and distributes materials to promote fundraising efforts.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or guidelines related to fundraising.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be based in the United States.
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising best practices and strategies.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills with a proven ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for external publications.
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with media contacts and outlets.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- Be available to volunteer 10+ hours/week
- Prior experience in fundraising, communications, or related fields required with supervisory experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To prepare for your interview:
1) Completely peruse and review our website at http://GoARO.org
2) Prepare a few good questions for the interview
3) Interviews are typically 30-40 minutes so please make your responses during the interview succinct and timely
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For our hiring practices please refer to this link: https://abuserefuge.org/human-resources/#BFOQ
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 6, 2022
- 10+ hrs/week