NHQ:ISD - QDL-DMERL: Graphic and Visualization Designer
Please visit the new page to apply.
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services (ISD) department. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position.
The Graphic and Visualization Designer will edit and create visualization of FY21 Annual Strategy Report. The key role of the position is to design creative, interactive and appealing visualizations, and graphics from the synthesized report. This position is temporary for maximum of 2 months.
- Condense the contents and create a FY21 Annual Report appropriate, precise, and specific graphic and visuals from the contents provided by the DMERL team.
- Develop data visualization or contents visualization based on the contents in appropriate tools (MS-Sway, Illustrator, InDesign and/or web page, preferably in web version)
- Design compelling graphics for the FY21 Annual Report for ISD.
- Support to build the capacity to QDL team members on data visualization and/or graphic design.
- Work closely with Research and Analysis Fellow and consult with Sr. Director, whenever necessary for the design of contents/visual and finalizing the FY21 Annual Report.
16-20 hours per week
- Bachelor's Degree with specialized training on data visualizations and graphic design
- Experienced in designing compelling interactive visuals and graphics, preferably using online tools (MS-Sway, WordPress, SQL, Illustrator, and others.)
- Experienced in designing visuals from qualitative contents as well as quantitative data. ,
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, attention to detail and strong accountability.
- Skills in leading collaborative efforts among diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work with and support multiple clients / business units simultaneously, representing a range of strategic priorities.
- Demonstrable personal skills that include operational flexibility, interpersonal savvy, problem solving, dealing with ambiguity.
- Operational experience in the humanitarian industry, including disaster management internationally, and / or with the military, veterans and their families will be an advantage.
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 5, 2022
- Graphic Design / Print
- Graphic Design
- 16-20 hours per week