Transportation Specialist - Hospital Deliveries (Dougherty County)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Georgia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Volunteer with Us and Help Save Lives! Volunteer Drivers Needed to Deliver Lifesaving Blood Products to Hospitals. If you enjoy driving and helping people in need, the American Red Cross volunteer transportation specialist position is perfect for you! The Red Cross mission is to alleviate human suffering. Red Cross Transportation volunteers literally deliver our mission when they supply blood for hospitals.
Help ensure blood products are available at hospitals for patient emergencies and treatment of serious medical conditions, like cancer. The focus of this position is to deliver blood products (whole blood, platelets and plasma) to area hospitals from the Cordele, Georgia processing facility.
The drivers begin and end in Cordele and will use Red Cross vehicles to make the runs. No special licensing requirements are necessary. Volunteers are needed for the regular hospital deliveries in Cordele, Albany, Americus, Tifton and Adel that occur Monday through Friday. The shifts begin at 11am, and take approximately 4-6 hours to complete, depending on traffic. Transportation routes can be done alone or with a friend. Volunteer opportunities are flexible. You can pick the days that work best for you.
To Apply, Follow These Steps:
1. Go to https://www.redcross.org/ and click on Volunteer
2. Enter your zip code and select "Biomedical" in the left column
3. Click the "Blood Service Transportation Specialist" position
4. Click Apply Now and complete all application steps
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
VariousAlbany, GA 31701
January 9, 2023
- Transportation Management
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- • 3-5 hour shift, minimum 1 shift per month, but can be as often as the driver wishes.
- You will need to a have a valid state driver's license, proof of insurance, three years driving experience, a clean driving record, need to be able to lift up to 45 lbs, and if not vaccinated, will need to wear a mask while volunteering.