Social Media Supervisor (Volunteer/Remote)
Please visit the new page to apply.
If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse
Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skillsets, cross-train, lead
and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position, however, it will give you
valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3). We focus our best
efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to
include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Bullying, Spousal, Cyber, Child,
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
As a Social Media Supervisor, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our
Social Media strategy in order to increase our online presence and improve our marketing
efforts. You will be working closely with our other departments.
Responsibilities And What You Will Do:
* Perform research on current benchmark trends and audience preferences
* Design and implement social media strategies to align with business goals
* Set specific objectives
* Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos,
videos, and news) working with other agencies
* Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics in HootSuite
* Collaborate with other teams regularly to ensure brand consistency with posts
* Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures
and blog layout) and collaborate with NED and Graphic Design Department
* Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions
* Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools,
* Work with team utilizing Asana platform and ensuring tasks/campaigns/posts that
are assigned are completed by the due date
* Respond to NED’s requests in a timely fashion
* Attend weekly mandatory management meetings and schedule a weekly meeting
with the team to relay talking points from NED and establish your own list to discuss
* Build relationships with each team member to help them feel comfortable and
included as an integral part of ARO
* Be in regular communication with NED and when things come up to communicate
Here’s what we’re looking for:
* Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager
* Hands-on experience in content management
* Excellent copywriting skills
* Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
* Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
* Knowledge of online marketing channels
* Familiarity with web design
* Excellent communication skills
* Analytical and multitasking skills
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing or relevant field
* Must be available to volunteer 15+ hours a week
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
To prepare for your interview:
1) Completely peruse and review our website at http://GoARO.org
2) Prepare a few good questions for the interview
3) Interviews are typically 30-40 minutes so please make your responses during the interview
succinct and timely
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For our hiring practices please refer to this link:
About ABUSE REFUGE INC
470 Olde Worthington Road, Suite 200, Westerville, OH 43082, US
Abuse Refuge Org is poised to be the definitive leader in the Abuse Care Industry. Ours is to "Breathe Life". We strive to grant victims clarity of their past and the present as well as to the many and multiple Abused Victims so they can proceed with their futures "Scot Free" from their woes and their tortures. We advance these victims closer and closer towards recovery. We look at the whole person well being, protection, therapy, and outcome.
To penetrate and overwhelm every aspect, from recognition, treatment, staffing, and guidance within the Abuse Care Industry. Further, our goal is to standardize "Whole personal conceptual treatment" throughout the Abuse Care Industry and to further develop a recognized and respected path to wellness. Ours is not to reinvent the wheel rather identify the metrics, reorient the existing components and define an ameliorated journey towards recovery and wellness.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 5, 2022
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Social Media / Blogging
- 15+ hrs/week