1 person is interested
Event Manager - Gala
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Use your professional event planning skills to uplift underserved communities
Serve as the primary event planner for Season to Soar’s first gala, which will be held in April 2022!
Season to Soar is hosting a gala with the theme "resilience" with a message that encourages people to turn tragedies and challenging personal experiences or circumstances into tools for good
Our gala will be keynoted by State Attorney Cook Foxx because her story of growing up in Chicago projects and using her experience to lead and try to uplift underserved communities reflects the type of activism that we want the youth in underserved communities that we support to be inspired by
- Lead gala planning committee
- Display strong project management, organization and leadership skills
- Develop and execute an event plan
- Gala is scheduled to be in person so an in person plan should be created but committee should also create a hybrid or fully visual event plan to be able to pivot to if necessary
- Manage all aspects of the gala planning including but not limited to:
- Create and manage the "run of show"
- Help determine and manage the fundraising structure of the gala. Ie raise the paddle, silent auction etc
- Manage Budget
- Venue and Vendors
- Identify, Partners, Speakers and Other Participants
- Coordinate with marketing committee on marketing
- Manage successful execution of other aspects of the event as outlined in the plan that the event planning committee will begin by creating
Experience & Qualifications
Prior nonprofit gala planning experience
Strong event planning, project management and leadership skills
About Season to Soar
500 W Monroe, Chicago, IL 60661, US
Season to Soar breaks boundaries, builds communities and empowers the world by putting the underserved first.
A start up non profit organization that aims to cultivate an environment that will truly allow board members to develop personally and professionally through their service.
Season to Soar's mission is to combat social and economic factors that hinder communities. Our areas of focus include but are not limited to poverty and youth Development
500 W MonroeChicago, IL 60661
January 3, 2022
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Project Management
- weekly team meetings in addition to apx. 2 hours per week executing tasks outside of meeting