Please visit the new page to apply.
The mentor/volunteer coordinator will recruit, maintain, and organize the program’s mentors and volunteers. The coordinator will promote the mission, achieve long and short-term goals and objectives, expand resources and maintain quality and effectiveness under the CEO’s vision for all mentors and volunteers. Responsible for the mentors and volunteers being in accord with the heartbeat of the organizational goals, mission, and operational policies. In this role, the coordinator is the direct contact for all mentors and volunteers.
- Managing all mentors to ensure they are meeting with their assigned person.
- Train mentors on properly caring for the girls.
- Implement program policy and procedures for recruitment and training of mentors and volunteers.
- Communicate with district personnel and community members in understanding the goals and objectives and enlist their support and involvement.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate roles and responsibilities among the mentors
- Conduct information gathering for the purpose of evaluating and adjusting program plan when necessary.
- Supervise program mentors and volunteers and aid to their needs/requests.
- Represent program on related committees.
- Oversee communication, record, and documentation systems for organization regarding all mentors and volunteers.
- A high school diploma is required; bachelor’s degree preferred- but not necessary.
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form Speak, read, and write appropriate English.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal accountability controls.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Flexible, detail oriented, and friendly.
Anticipated Time of Involvement:
3-5 hours a week estimated
About GIRLS OF VIRTUE
7643 Gate Parkway St 104-56, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32256, US
Empowering young women to be grounded spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially through mentorship and education. Providing team building to get the girls in nature and build their confidence, all while allowing them to pray and meditate to begin overcoming the challenges created by the current or past situations they have faced. Surrounding them with strong, successful women who have experienced and overcome similar challenges to be successful in their personal and professional lives. A mission to mentor, guide, motivate, and inspire the youth. Classes on personal growth, financial education, improved health with fitness and nutrition, personal brand, self-defense, and spiritual balance will be provided. As the girls enter the workforce resources are provided to assist them in obtaining vocational licenses. The mentorship relationship will continue during the secondary education process to ensure the girls in the program are successful and happy in their new careers.
A place young women can come to feel safe, empower, and encouraged. Classes that teach them how to be successful in the world. Resources that educate the next generation. Offering classes on self-defense, personal development, financial literacy, mental health, health and wellness, communication, and conflict resolution, just to name a few. Events also include cooking, kayaking, workouts, and museums.
7643 Gate Parkway St 104-56Jacksonville, FL 32256
January 2, 2022
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours a week estimated and one year commitment