Please visit the new page to apply.
Reporting to and in partnership with both the Farm Manager and Founder, Development Specialist will be
responsible for spearheading fundraising developments and marketing efforts in order to effectively help
increase Central Virginia Horse Rescue (CVHR) fundraising. This is a new position within the organization.
● Collaborate with the Program Director and Founder to create a fund development plan which increases
revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
● Assist with planning and executing Central Virginia Horse Rescue’s annual fundraising plan
● Assist with developing a major gifts program and a planned giving program
● Raise funds for the annual fund
● grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
● Assist with creating annual fundraising newsletter
● Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
● Creating and executing a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
● Collaborate with the Farm Manager and Founder to organize special events
● Developing and tracking proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
● Assist with planning and overseeing annual Giving Tuesday event
● Assist with the development and oversee the execution of virtual fundraising events
● Publish regular email updates to supporters
● Collaborate with team to maintain current information on Central VA Horse Rescue websites
About Central Virginia Horse Rescue
3071 Afton Grove Road, Kenbridge, VA 23944, US
Central Virginia Horse Rescue, Inc (CVHR) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to the compassionate care of equines. Our mission is to save, protect, and rehabilitate equines in need. We rescue unwanted, abused, neglected, or abandoned equines; provide them with care and rehabilitation; and finally find them a compatible, loving home. We believe that education is the long-term solution to improving the lives of equines.
- To rescue unwanted horses from auctions and feedlots.
- To educate horse-owners and the public about proper equine care, and the problems of neglect, abuse, and slaughter.
- To rescue equines from neglectful and abusive situations by educating owners, helping to place at-risk equines and ultimately working within the bounds of the law to remove equines from their owner’s care when deemed necessary.
- To provide gelding for unwanted stallions until they can be placed in an adoptive home.
- To rehabilitate sick, injured and underweight equines and restore them to a state of health
- To end the suffering of those equines which cannot be rehabilitated by means of humane euthanasia.
- To find all equines that come under the care of CVHR a compatible, loving home.
- To maintain a 'haybank’ to provide feed for horses in emergency situations.
31262 Eagle Hill TrailFredericksburg, VA 22407
January 1, 2022
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 18
- Approximately 10-15 hours a week
- Experience in social media and digital marketing. Experience in business development and fundraising. Experience in grant writing.