24 people are interested
Hartford Hospital Mobility Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Hartford Hospital
Please visit the new page to apply.
24 people are interested
The Hartford Hospital Mobility volunteer program provides support to patients that need assistance and encouragement to get out of bed and walk to help maintain functional status. Overseen by the department of Rehabilitation, volunteers are trained to function in this role on assigned nursing units interacting directly with patients and staff.
More information can be learned in the video on this website: https://hartfordhospital.org/health-professionals/for-job-seekers/volunteer/volunteer-opportunities (scroll down to Mobility is Medicine). This is a great opportunity to develop inter-personal skills while supporting patient health and becoming familiar with the acute care environment.
- Be able to volunteer at least one 3-hour shift per week in the morning or afternoon at least through August 2022
- Be available for a class training on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Be available to train with another experienced volunteer or staff member for two shifts prior to volunteering independently
- Complete all hospital requirements online (background check, orientation, HIPAA education, COVID education module and waiver, medical history form including MMR, varicella, flu and COVD vaccines and Tuberculosis skin or blood test no more than 12 months old) no later than January 19th
- morning / 09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
- afternoon / 01:00 PM to 04:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street, Hartford, CT 06102, US
To offer comprehensive services in an environment where innovation and teaching are integral to care; where we are proud to serve patients and one another; where meeting the challenge of complex medical needs is viewed as a defining competency; and where quality and safety of care are a constant.
Hartford Hospital is central Connecticut's leading tertiary medical center with a world class medical staff, supported by over 7,000 extraordinary staff members and 1,000 volunteers. Hartford Hospital is the major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Connecticut Medical School, serving the New England region. Our reputation for providing complex and innovative care to those in need is built on the foundation of excellence in patient care, teaching and research. Our quality programs have continually been recognized for excellence by the Federal Government, US News and World Report, Solucient, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and the National Cancer Institute, to name a few.
Hartford Hospital performed the first successful heart transplant in the state, and pioneered the use of robotics in surgery. We maintain the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region, and operate the state's only air ambulance system, LIFE STAR.
Hartford Hospital80 Seymour StreetHartford, CT 06102
January 26, 2024
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must be available to volunteer at least one 3-hour shift per week for at least 6 months.
- Volunteers must have excellent verbal and inter-personal skills, be able to work independently, and be able to stand/walk for several hours.