Political Science Instructor (Virtual)
ORGANIZATION: I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Political Science Instructor-volunteer
Are you a professional interested in imparting your wisdom to teens? Would you like to empower our youth and inspire them to enter your field of Political Science?
Our new initiative, Generation-Z , is a program that makes college accessible and not just an impossible dream for Black youth. This project is an imperative program that gives Black youth a way out of poverty by way of advanced college courses being accessible in early high school years and empowering under-resourced high school students to unlock their potential while gaining access to new careers.
We are looking for enthusiastic and skilled professionals to provide introductory courses and training on the Political Science field to our high school students (Grade 10 - 12). This course will help our students understand about how politics permeates almost every aspect of our lives, how to pursue knowledge and career dreams, and how, as responsible and active citizens, to make a positive difference in our world.
- Demonstrate the working knowledge of the government, public policies, and political behavior at the local, state, and national level.
- Conduct weekly classes and teach high school students the fundamental theories and methods of Political Science.
- Draft a full curriculum that outlines all lessons from week-to-week [syllabi], projects, materials needed to perform projects, exams, and homework.
- Assist in developing and monitoring program goals and objectives for learning.
- Provide knowledge on different electives in the Political Science field for the students to understand and choose their career path.
- Adopt interactive teaching techniques to help students understand the course and understand their learning capabilities.
- Introduce learning platforms like workshops and conferences to students for their professional development.
- Regularly communicate with parents to provide updates on their child's progress, reminders about upcoming sessions, materials list for individual sessions, and other communications.
- Maintain consistent communication with program directors via email and participation in scheduled facilitator meetings to update on student progress, class attendance, etc.
- Attend departmental, interdepartmental, professional and community based meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, International Relations or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in the Political Science field
- Prior experience in teaching and working with students required.
- Must have excellent communication, planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
Time: 4 + hours per week, 6 pm to 7 pm ET, teaching twice a week
Commitment: Fall College Semester to Spring College Semester
About I'RAISE Girls & Boys International Corporation
8th West 126th Street, New York, NY 10027, US
I’RAISE Boys & Girls International Corporation is a tax-exempt nonprofit organization in New York City founded in 2012. We have been providing free tutoring, mentoring and coaching services, virtual performance classes, college preparation program, nutrition workshops, and parent education program. As a minority led non-profit organization with leaders that are women of colors, we feel so much pride and we are so proud being able to provide beneficial resources to the children in under-resourced areas in New York City in-person and multiple-states virtually. And we have been successful in providing these services because of our volunteers. Come volunteer with us as we strive to make positive changes in children's life and be a safe haven that they can rely on! - Dalamu Sherpa Human Resources Director at I'RAISE
- Tutoring Youth
- Mentoring Youth
- Coaching Youth
- Marketing Volunteer
- Fundraising Volunteer
- Finance Volunteer
- Human Resources Volunteer
- Program Management, Human Resources, Marketing, Finance/Accounting, Fundraising, Public Relations
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 7, 2022
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Development
- Orientation or Training