1 person is interested
University Challenge Program Manager for Public Safety Foundation
ORGANIZATION: CARM Safety Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
INSPIRE STUDENTS TO HELP MAKE THE PUBLIC SAFER
CARM is a new capability and we are keen to help others easily understand the benefits. We are allying with universities who have Capstone programs for technical or business students. Student teams will create demonstrations which showcase the breadth of capability and simplicity of CARM once interoperability standards are in place.
The University Safety Challenge involves a broad range of organizations:
- universities (technical and business) - faculty and students - and researchers
- product companies who offer sensors, networking, computing and AI software
- technology research organizations; national labs, universities, scientists
- companies involved with commercial real estate (CRE)
- property & casualty (P&C) insurance companies
You will be our primary go-to person and ally-facing representative to other organizations. Through your persuasive energy, inspired minds will open to technical challenges, and student teams will create subsystems that integrate into a cohesive demonstration.
Your years of experience in program management arms you with a keen sense for schedules, budgets and how to motivate teams - and detect when things are amiss.
Our startup non-profit foundation is eager to engage universities and other organization and we need your help to scale-out. Ideal candidates are hands-on team players, versatile and appreciate the multi-faceted roles common in start-ups.
Snapshot of What You’ll Do
- Overall, plan and drive the development and promotion of a public demonstration of physical safety products which do not yet work together; block diagrams
- Plan engagement strategies with technical contacts at product companies to understand their desire to work with students, and persuade them to do so
- Plan marketing strategies which promote the results to diverse public audience through variety of media
- Research developers and manufacturers of key products and technologies for CARM
- Advocate the CARM opportunity to target audiences
- Advocate the interests of specific target allies (university and industry); be their Champion within our team
- Plan and publish program management strategies, mainly priorities, timelines and budgets
- Implement tactics arising from strategies executed by you or others, at your preference
- Measure and report the performance of student teams and vendors
- Advise others on approach for scaling resources, engaging vendors and contractors
There are many disciplines involved in the aggregate team: technical system planning, development and integration, marketing and promotion, engagement with university teams and faculty plus industry product providers. As a result, we suspect that multiple people are required, working in a multi-headed program management team, each bringing their years/decades of experience in critical disciplines.
Who We’re Looking For
You are adept at planning and driving strategic programs with allies and nurturing intercorporate relations within high value allies. Best for us is someone who is passionate about the role that technology demonstrations play for a start-up; showing non-technical audiences a vision for future created by technology. Ideally, you would bring a passion for technology empowering greater public safety - and are eager to help promote solutions to B2B and B2C audiences. Since we are a start-up, it’s essential that you are open minded and versatile, and thrilled by challenge to accomplish great things in a lean environment.
Your Time with CARM Safety Foundation will be inspiring because:
- Achieve challenging goals, create concrete impact for the business that will lead to career advancement opportunities
- Work with inspiring colleagues and in start-up, low overhead culture
- Autonomy and rapid decision making
- Insight into future opportunities as paid contractor, as funding allows
About CARM Safety Foundation
12725 SW Millikan Way, STE 300, Beaverton, OR 97005, US
CARM Safety Foundation serves to educate and support scientific purposes related to computer-aided risk management (CARM), in order to increase public safety.
We operate as a 501c3 non-profit organization. Founded in 2020, we are a start-up working to assure that more technology is applied to make the public safer. CARM is an emerging commercial capability that uses sensors for data gathering and computers to predict threats before tragedy occurs to humans. This concept was pioneered by NASA, and others have embraced this approach, including SpaceX. CARM solutions will apply similar capabilities/technologies towards a much broader goal of improving public safety.
Volunteers are needed to the functional areas of typical companies. The founders of CARM Safety Foundation are veterans of the technology industry, and feel an urgent need to add more capability for keeping people safe at work, school or during other group activities.
In addition to helping in your area of expertise -- or another area where you want to demonstrate more experience and impact -- all volunteers will gain a greater appreciation for a wide range of technology and how that industry grew via scores of inter-corporate collaborations.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you will be a part of saving lives, CARM Safety Foundation would like to work with you.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
December 21, 2022
- Software Engineering
- Strategic Planning
- Product Development
- System Engineering
- Program Management
- Computer Science
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Work hours and time volume set by volunteer. On occasion, attend online meetings at set time. Projects which require any sort of plan should have an end date and intermediate milestones, however time investment up to the volunteer.
- Fluent English language writing capability.