Animal Transport Director
Please visit the new page to apply.
Animal Transport Director
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As an Animal Transport Director, you'll lead the transport efforts of Dallas Pets Alive and ensure this department’s success!
** To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
*** Please note, if contacted a resume will be required prior to interviewing***
Reports to: the VP Animal Operations, and the Executive Director.
Works with: Correspondence with DPA volunteers, leadership team, transport partners, vet staff, and fosters will be required on a regular basis.
- Coordinating via email with fosters who will be sending animals on transport
- Working with fosters and Medical Team to ensure all required medical needs are met prior to transport
- Collaborating with Foster Team and Rescue Team to check that all paperwork, medical and legal, is in order prior to transport
- Tracking needs, animals, and points of contact for all transports
- Communicating with transport partners to set up new dates and approve animals for transport
- Overseeing transport volunteers, managing transport budget and statistics
- Establishing new relationships with other rescue organizations for potential transport
- Serving on the DPA Leadership team which includes receiving leadership email correspondence, attending monthly conference calls and quarterly in-person meetings
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- HS diploma/equivalent or higher degree of education
- Must be proficient with use of email and have regular phone access
- Skilled with spreadsheets and working with Google Drive
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively with a variety of leadership styles
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week
About Dallas Pets Alive!
No physical location, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals. We take an innovative approach to animal rescue and believe in creating a paradigm shift in the way our community views animal rescue. Adoption is not only the right thing to do but THE thing to do. OUR GOAL: To one day make all of North Texas No-Kill
Our organization is run mostly by volunteers, and all of our pets are housed by dedicated foster families throughout North Texas.
We rescue and help the healthy and treatable pets at greatest risk for euthanasia at our partner shelters. We also provide assistance and resources to pet owners having problems so significant that they need to surrender their pets to a shelter.
We strongly value diversity, inclusion, and our volunteers who each play a valuable role in our mission! We believe in developing volunteers who would like to gain additional experience, make a difference, and positively influence the community with their unique interests, skills, and experience.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in North Texas. We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter. Additionally, We focus solely on pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.
Please visit our website for additional information and learn on how you can become a partner in rescuing animals.
Instagram & Twitter: @dallaspetsalive
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 14, 2022
- Transportation Management
- Program Management
- Google Apps
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week