Volunteer Contractor To Build Cat Safe Houses
Please visit the new page to apply.
Do you love cats and live in the Panama City Beach or Panama City areas? We need your help!!
We are looking for volunteers to help love and take care of our precious street cats! We have several different areas we are looking for help in:
1. Volunteer Feeding. We need cat-loving volunteers who can help feed and give water to our street cats every day. You can pick your own schedule from 1 day a week to as many as you're able to do! This job is simple and doesn't take much. You lay out fresh food and water in the early morning for the kitties. It does require being outside, picking up bowls, filling them up, and placing them back inside the cat houses, and sometimes cleaning bowls, but that's it. You must be reliable and have a car. If this sounds like something you'd like to help with, please apply!
2. Volunteer Fundraising. We are at a point where without enough donations coming in VERY soon, we will not have the funds to continue taking care of our street cats. We DESPERATELY need funding. You can create your own schedule. This could mean helping us create online and/or in-person fundraising campaigns, contacting businesses to inquire if they would like to sponsor SCS or help raise money at their place of business. Or if you, for instance, love to bake want to help us do a weekly or monthly bake sale in the community for proceeds towards SCS, that would be amazing! Or sell homemade art, gifts, jewelry towards SCS. If you have any experience in fundraising or any ideas in this area, especially for non-profits and rescues, please apply!
3. Volunteer Building Cat Safe Houses. If you've seen any of our current cat houses, many of them are very old, falling apart, destroyed from weather or vandals. We need experienced contractors, builders, anyone with building experience who would like to donate their time to helping us build new safe cat houses for our street cats. These houses are VERY simple to construct, we just need a professional to make them. You can create your own schedule. We are hoping to get as many made as we can before winter hits! Please apply if this sounds like something you'd like to help with.
4. Volunteer Marketplace Selling. We have items that we need to get listed online for sale and put the money towards our kitties! We just need someone experienced with selling online who can list items for us on Facebook Marketplace and coordinate the sales. You can create your own schedule and volunteering can be as simple as listing the items and having buyers do porch pickup, so that it requires no driving at all. We have Venmo and Paypal so that payment is super quick and easy. If this sounds like something you'd love to help with, please apply!
We are always looking for more help, so if you have an experience in working with non-profits, animal rescues, book keeping, filing, donation coordinating, etc, please contact us!
About CAT COVERS FOOD AND LOVE INC
8501 ESTRELLA ST, P C BEACH, FL 32408, US
Our Mission: To improve the quality of life for homeless animals. We want to raise awareness of the severity of abandoned, abused and neglected animals and educate law makers and the general public to programs and solutions.
Street Cat Society is so much more than just feeding community/feral cats. I soon learned that these cats need MORE than just food. First, they MUST BE SPAYED AND NEUTERED. They need shelter, a warm safe place in the winter and a dry cool safe place in the summer. They get sick and injured and need medical care. They get worms and parasites and need to be given given medication. They are lonely and scared. They need love and kindness. They need to be able to play. They need clean water, clean dishes and fresh food that is good for them. They need to be fed on a regular schedule. They need a place to be away from people- a place to hide and feel safe. I've heard people refer to these cats as "wild cats". They are NOT wild animals, they are domestic animals that people have neglected, abandoned and/or abused. I've heard people refer to these cats as "a cat problem." People have caused this epidemic. They do not spay or neuter their animals, they move and leave them behind and/or they just leave them outside to fend for themselves. The general (people) population and local government officials have blinders on and choose not to see what is really happening. There are so many homeless cats (and dogs) EVERYWHERE it is impossible not to see them. Take care of the cats on your street/in your yard. Get the neighbors to help you. Even getting 1 cat fixed and fed is a big help.
Multiple locations Panama City Beach, FL 32407
December 10, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Driver's License Needed
- You can create your own schedule.
- Must love animals/cats. These cat houses are very simple to construct, but you must be experienced in building/woodworking.