National Volunteer Program Administrator
Please visit the new page to apply.
An actual "virtual" volunteer where the chosen volunteer can work from home and/or come into the organization's national office located outside of Gatesville, TX.
This position reports to the National CEO
- Knowledge of:
- Role of volunteers in a successful grassroots organization
- Understands and will adhere to the "Volunteer Bill of Rights" and the "Volunteer Protection Act"
- Understands and will agree to adhere to the organization's mission, goals, policies, and guidelines.
- Ability to:
- Prepare concise reports
- Maintain accurate volunteer records
- Use of computer (desk top or laptop) and program related software proficiently (MS Office-Word and Excel). Note: Volunteer may also use "Open Office" software when they don’t have MS Office Pro.
- Communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic background and lifestyles
- Has a passion and will to support our military and veteran communities.
- Works independently and as a "Team" member
- Process monthly "Volunteer Reporting Hours" reports.
- Administrate and submit volunteer hours to the "Presidential Volunteer Service Award" (PVSA) program
- Prior experience in processing prospective volunteer applications and/or maintaining volunteer tracking workbook helpful
- Prior experience with a grassroots, nonprofit organization in an "Admin/Support" function also helpful
- Average volunteer time per month: 20-25 hours
- Commitment up to 1 year
About GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
402 BARTON LN, GATESVILLE, TX 76528, US
National all-volunteer 501(c)3 Military and Veteran Support Organization assisting active duty service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and their beloved companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs.
Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet organized in January 2005 due to deploying single service members and dual military deploying out of country due to combat and peacekeeping missions for up to 12 months, having no one able or willing to care for their furbabies while they were gone. This was leaving them only one choice which was to surrender their beloved furbabies to a local animal shelter never to see them again or no what happened to them. Today we have 3 programs: (1) Pet Foster Home program which covers all 50 states and all branches of service, which includes a "Military Pet Assistance" (MPA) fund for specific situations. The program's clients are deploying service members (primarily single service members and dual military service members) and honorably discharged veterans with an unforeseen inpatient medical issue or is homeless. (2) MVP Sanctuary - TX currently in development stage with the purpose to provide additional support to our TX based service members and their families; and (3) Warriors' Angels (WA) - TX program related to assisting our service members and honorable discharged veterans officially diagnosed with PTSD in obtaining an appropriate candidate to be trained as their service dog with a training facility at our TX property which is part of the development of the MVP Sanctuary.
402 Barton LaneGatesville, TX 76528
December 15, 2021
- Human Resources Diversity
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Must be at least 18