1 person is interested
Childbirth Group Facilitator
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Do you want to help others prepare for labor and delivery and for being a new parent? Then this is the right volunteer opportunity for you:
TITLE: Childbirth Group Facilitator Thursday Evenings
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Childbirth Group Facilitator position is responsible to provide education and support to expecting moms in weeks 28-birth in their pregnancy.
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs, Volunteer Coordinator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assists the Expecting Group by:
- Welcomes participants to the group meeting.
- Helps participants get signed into the weekly log.
- Distributes We Care Shop points (can either sign blue point card or pass out paper points) that have been earned by participants.
- Blue Folder: 20 points
- Attendance: 20 points
All other points should be distributed by a YPN staff member unless stated otherwise.
- Facilitate the weekly curriculum provided at the beginning of the session for the appropriate date. Focus the group on expecting.
- Returns the classroom space back to its original order - tables, chairs, etc.
- Checks that no garbage (pop cans, diapers, etc.) is left in the waste basket. Everything goes into the garbage can in the main hallway.
- Returns attendance clipboard, facilitator binder, and any other supplies or resources (videos, etc.) to YPN staff.
- Completes the group journal and submits to YPN staff. This can be done electronically or paper form.
- These journals are important in gathering observations and feedback regarding curriculum and participants. Observations of changes and/or successes of participants are valuable information for grant application or reports to show the progression of families enrolled in YPN.
- All other duties as assigned.
Responsible Work Performance Expectations
- Able to volunteer at weekly group meetings on Thursday evenings from 6:00-7:30pm.
- Signs into weekly volunteer log.
- Wears proper attire that allows you to present yourself as a positive role model.
- Provides professional written and verbal communications within the agency and community.
- Practices preventative, safe work habits.
- Observes all laws, safety mandates, agency expectations, and regulations.
- Reports all injuries and incidents per agency & program protocol.
- Mentors new volunteers that may be in training for another facilitation/sub-facilitation role and those fulfilling an observation requirement for school.
- Attends volunteer trainings throughout the year to enhance skills and performance (two per year recommended).
Support Agency/Program Mission & Values
- Interacts with youth, families, volunteers, agencies, donors, and all other visitors of YPN in a respectful, strength-based manner.
- Provides support to services in a culturally competent manner.
- Proactively contributes to the professional development of self & team.
- Follows and models the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards as outlined in the YPN Volunteer Handbook along with other standard policies set and provided.
About YPN Iowa
420 6TH ST SE SUITE 260, CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52401, US
Creating a network of support through education and resources, to build confidence and personal accountability for healthy and successful families.
YPNis a nonprofit organization that has been providing early childhood, youth development and prenatal and parenting education and support for over 35 years. Services are provided in Linn, Iowa, Benton and Jones counties in varying degrees and formats.
Kirkwood Community College6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SWCedar Rapids, IA 52404
December 6, 2021
- Family Therapy
- Child Welfare
- Child Development
- Adult Education
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Takes place Thursday Evening from 6-7:30PM