Motivate, coach and inspire others, while helping in the fight to end Alzheimer's
Please visit the new page to apply.
Support those touched by Alzheimer's by bringing your energy and passion to our volunteer committee for The Longest Day (TLD), our annual "do-it-yourself" fundraising program. Shine a light with us to fight the darkness of Alzheimer's and all other dementia! We follow CDC guidelines.
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research.
The volunteer roles for TLD include all or some of the following:
- Network and make connections among activity groups or businesses
- Coaching participants to easy, successful plans
- Brainstorm with other volunteers and participants
- Assist with marketing and media opportunities
- Learn and share about the event with others
- Make calls, send emails, or send cards to participants
- Help plan kickoffs and celebration events for teams
- Engage on social media
- Host an activity and raise funds and awareness
Your Alzheimer's Association staff partner and volunteer leaders support you throughout the season, and are flexible and happy to tailor your volunteer experience around your interests and schedule.
Ideal volunteers would have some of these traits:
- Enjoy connecting with people
- Passionate about ending Alzheimer's
- Enthusiastic and engaging
- Comfortable talking on the phone
- Data mining/researching activity groups
- willing to participate in or co-host events
- Organized and detail oriented.
Monthly commitment: Approximately 3-5 hours per month. This will vary depending on the month, and as mentioned above, we are flexible with what works for you. While TLD is on June 21st, the committee functions year round. The current season runs through the end of August 2022.
Contact Stephanie Foster, Event Manager, for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
About Alzheimer's Association California Central Coast Chapter
1528 Chapala Street, Suite 204, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer’s Association works on a global, national and local level to provide care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. We are here to help.
Multiple locations Ventura, CA 93001
December 3, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- People Skills
- Outdoor Recreation
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours per month, with flexibility