Please visit the new page to apply.
JAARS helicopter operations, in various countries around the world, work tirelessly to facilitate Bible translation, provide humanitarian care for local communities, and generate revenue for mission flight subsidies. Would you join our team?
For a non-paid career staff person who raises support / volunteer
Position location : JAARS, Waxhaw, NC and overseas
- Participate in an overseas flight program, engaging in various assigned duties that facilitate that program
- Conduct routine helicopter flights
- Operate aircraft in accordance with JAARS standards and policies
- Oversee the construction of and maintenance of landing zones
- Depending on qualifications, conduct aircraft maintenance
- Participate in the field program’s Safety Management System (SMS)
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Good airmanship
- Good judgement
- Disciplined, safety conscious, aptitude for learning, and adaptability
Education and Experience
- Commercial Pilot certificate
- Class II Medical certificate or equivalent
- Successful completion of a JAARS technical evaluation and orientation
- 500 hours minimum flight time
- A&P license or equivalent
For full-time career staff, the following information is helpful:
Pilot-Mechanics Technical Evaluation
Pilot Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes
Timeline to Service
For volunteer staff:
JAARS Volunteer Pilot Questionnaire (this can be sent upon inquiry)
More opportunities with JAARS
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
Our Vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language. Our Mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally-appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers committed to the belief--and the vision--that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of full-time missionaries, dedicated volunteers, and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in a language and form they clearly understand. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally, and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
November 1, 2022
- People 55+
- Background Check