5 people are interested
Help Senior Ladies in their Homes
ORGANIZATION: International SEVA
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
1st HELPER: Female only, who can speak Gujarati or Hindi. A little English may be considered.
WHEN: Part-time, Mon-Fri from 10:00AM to 2:00PM (Help for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or all 5 days)
WHERE: Chantilly, VA near Stringfellow Road
WHAT: Help with bathing/dress up, laundry, tidy up, escort while walking and getting up. Loves to walk for fresh air. Have fear of falling.
2nd HELPER: Female only, who can speak Gujarati or Hindi. A little English may be considered.
WHEN: Part-time, Mon-Fri from 7:00AM to 10:00AM (Help 1 day, 2 days, 3 days OR 5 days).
WHERE: Chantilly, VA near Stringfellow Road.
WHAT: Help with bathing/dress up, laundry, tidy up, escort while walking, using stairs and getting up. Have back pain and fear of falling.
Both ladies are willing to accommodate your schedules. They need some counseling of what is the right way of getting up, balancing... Teaching them the basic, daily skills to optimize their health and most importantly bring out smiles that temporarily makes them forget their pain :)
About International SEVA
44715 Prentice Drive, P. O. Box 244, Ashburn, VA 20146, US
Mission: Support, Embrace, Value & Accept (SEVA) the Challenged, Nourish the Hungry and Together Brighten Livelihood. International SEVA is a U.S.A. registered 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit to serve the underprivileged, help reduce stigma, physical isolation, anxiety, and depression for the elderly and children with developmental disabilities. With positivity and dedication we strive to bring smiles, happiness through acts of generosity and kindness. SEVA in Sanskrit is a service performed without any expectations or rewards in return.
- 40+ years volunteering, serving & mentoring autistic/down syndrome children’ parents, the elders, and feeding the poor.
SHORT TERM GOALS:
- Seeking grant writer, marketing, social media and volunteer support.
- Generous funding from individuals, corporations, foundations to provide hygiene/emergency kits, hot meals, groceries for low income communities and educational tools/supplies for the special needs children.
- Provide much-needed and deserved well-being, joy and comfort through educational, wellness awareness, advocacy, religious and social services.
- Provide poverty relief and share local community-based services with commitment and unwavering desire to always serve mankind with passion, persistence & hard work whenever and however possible to live with inner/mental peace. Promote self-fulfillment and self-sufficiency.
- With trust, respect & open communication: Team-up, collaborate & provide financial support to organizations with similar passions, goals.
- 5,045 Pounds food donated
- 2,694 Hot meals served + 625 healthy, protein snack bags distributed
- 231 Seniors and special needs served with custom care to uplift their spirit, relieve loneliness and anxiety
- 2,525 Items (Household, hygiene kits, school supplies) provided to low income, homeless shelters to thrive, restore hope and promote self-sufficiency
Multiple locations Chantilly, VA 20151
January 16, 2023
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Driver's License Needed
- Flexible schedule. Need dedication.