DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
The primary role of the Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet (GAfSP) "Fundraising Committee" is to act as the program’s committee related raising the funds needed to implement and maintain the Capital Projects. This committee will consist of 5-6 members (Chairperson and 4-5 committee members).
Reports directly to the Capital Project Director and interacts with the Communications and Event Committees.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing an "action plan" related to raising the funds required to make the project a reality
- Maintains a list of Supporters within the Central TX area.
- Responsible for developing an "action plan" related to raising the funds required to make the project a reality.
- Submits any documents required to be prepared by an Event Host in order for our participation at such event to the National office for review and official required signature.
- Recruit volunteers within the area of the event to help at specific events.
- Committee Chairperson attends and participates with on-site monthly meeting with the Capital Project Director.
- Prepares and submits quarterly Activity Report to the National office by the 15th of the month following the reporting month - Example: Reporting 1st Quarter 2017, submit by April 15, 2017
- Prepares and submits a monthly "Volunteer Service Hours" (VSH) report to the National office by the 5th of the month following the report month - Reporting Jan 2017, submit by Feb 5, 2017
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Previous public speaking experience helpful.
- Has own computer (desktop or laptop)
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) or Open Office, and communicating via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position, with average hours per month average between 25 -30 hours
About GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
402 BARTON LN, GATESVILLE, TX 76528, US
National all-volunteer 501(c)3 Military and Veteran Support Organization assisting active duty service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and their beloved companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs.
Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet organized in January 2005 due to deploying single service members and dual military deploying out of country due to combat and peacekeeping missions for up to 12 months, having no one able or willing to care for their furbabies while they were gone. This was leaving them only one choice which was to surrender their beloved furbabies to a local animal shelter never to see them again or no what happened to them. Today we have 3 programs: (1) Pet Foster Home program which covers all 50 states and all branches of service, which includes a "Military Pet Assistance" (MPA) fund for specific situations. The program's clients are deploying service members (primarily single service members and dual military service members) and honorably discharged veterans with an unforeseen inpatient medical issue or is homeless. (2) MVP Sanctuary - TX currently in development stage with the purpose to provide additional support to our TX based service members and their families; and (3) Warriors' Angels (WA) - TX program related to assisting our service members and honorable discharged veterans officially diagnosed with PTSD in obtaining an appropriate candidate to be trained as their service dog with a training facility at our TX property which is part of the development of the MVP Sanctuary.
Multiple locations Gatesville, TX 76528
December 7, 2022
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 35
- Committee will consist of a Chairperson and 4-5 members