Grant Research and Writing - TX
This volunteer position is responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and will persuasively communicate Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet mission and programs to potential funders in TX related to the Warriors’ Angels-TX (WA-TX) and MVP Sanctuary-TX (MVPS-TX) programs.
Reports to the National CEO.
Average time involved: 25-30 hours per month
- Conducts research to locate potential grant opportunism for the organization related to the organization’s WA and MVPS programs in supporting our military and veteran communities
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making agencies, persuasively communication the organization’s mission and program to potential funders.
- Assembling proposed grant request/proposal including letters, proposal, budget, and presentation for review by the National COO and appropriate Program Director
- Submitting grant proposals following review and approval by COO and appropriate program directors.
- Maintain required Excel workbooks/spreadsheets for proposed and approved Grant tracking
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation grants/gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submissions of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports
- Conducting prospect research
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines, and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Providing written support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Prepares and submits the Volunteer Service Hours report each month to the National office (by 5 th of each month)
- Maintain 2-way communications with the CEO Development Director by replying to emails and phone calls in a timely manner.
- Grant Writing certification or Bachelors/Associate degree in English or Communications and/or a minimum of 2 years in grant research and writing very helpful
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising preferred
- Ability to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly organized, has experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information
- High level of computer literacy required especially related to the Internet, Microsoft or Open Office software, and various grant related databases
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and sufficient form
- Solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
About GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
402 BARTON LN, GATESVILLE, TX 76528, US
National all-volunteer 501(c)3 Military and Veteran Support Organization assisting active duty service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and their beloved companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs.
Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet organized in January 2005 due to deploying single service members and dual military deploying out of country due to combat and peacekeeping missions for up to 12 months, having no one able or willing to care for their furbabies while they were gone. This was leaving them only one choice which was to surrender their beloved furbabies to a local animal shelter never to see them again or no what happened to them. Today we have 3 programs: (1) Pet Foster Home program which covers all 50 states and all branches of service, which includes a "Military Pet Assistance" (MPA) fund for specific situations. The program's clients are deploying service members (primarily single service members and dual military service members) and honorably discharged veterans with an unforeseen inpatient medical issue or is homeless. (2) MVP Sanctuary - TX currently in development stage with the purpose to provide additional support to our TX based service members and their families; and (3) Warriors' Angels (WA) - TX program related to assisting our service members and honorable discharged veterans officially diagnosed with PTSD in obtaining an appropriate candidate to be trained as their service dog with a training facility at our TX property which is part of the development of the MVP Sanctuary.
Multiple locations Gatesville, TX 76528
November 24, 2021
- Customer Service
- Grant Writing / Research