DONATE TO THIS
16 people are interested
Community Outreach Liaison (COL)
ORGANIZATION: GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
16 people are interested
The virtual volunteer role of Community Outreach Liaison (COL) acts as the liaison between Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet(c) (GAfSP) and his/her local community and surrounding areas.
The target objectives are: 1) to interact with the military and community news outlets and 2) to represents the organization with information tables at various civilian and military held events within their respective local area and state
This virtual volunteer role:
(1) reports to the National Marketing & Communications Director;
(2) is NOT involved with fundraising other than when asked, can advise an individual or another organization of how they may donate if they choose to.
- Represents the organization at the state level or a certain area of a specific state with military and non-military media contacts.
- Educates the civilian and military communities about who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media and military "Public Affair Offices" (PAOs) or Recruiter locations to promote the organization.
- Contributes to the organization’s newsletter and blog as appropriate.
- Identifies, contacts, and maintains a list of potential events within their state or specific area of the state where an "Information Table" could be set up and make the necessary contacts/arrangements to be in attendance at such events.
- Works with organizations/businesses who have contacted Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet (national or state level) requesting our presence at a fundraiser they are holding where the organization has been designated to receive the net proceeds from such event.
- Submits any documents required to be prepared by an Event Host in order for our participation at such event to the National office for review and official required signature.
- Recruit volunteers within the area of the event to help at a specific event with the Information Table (if necessary).
- Works with the National Marketing & Communications Director to get the word out about Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet’s participation at these events.
- Complete understanding of the organization and its mission.
- Checks the official assigned email account on a daily basis
- Maintain open communications with the Natl Marketing Director on a timely basis via email or phone.
- Respond to any requests from the Natl Marketing Director in a timely and professional manner
- Prepares and submits the monthly "Volunteer Service Hours" report to the National Office by the 5 thof the month following the reporting month.
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion.
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Previous public relations and/or military public affairs officer experience preferred.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office pro (such as Word, Excel, Power Point) or equivalent software such as "Open Office" (compatible with MS Office software) and able to communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
Estimated Volunteer Time per Month:
- average of 25-30 hours
About GUARDIAN ANGELS FOR SOLDIERS PET
402 BARTON LN, GATESVILLE, TX 76528, US
National all-volunteer 501(c)3 Military and Veteran Support Organization assisting active duty service members, wounded warriors, veterans, and their beloved companion animals or assistance service canines through various assistance programs.
Guardian Angels for Soldier's Pet organized in January 2005 due to deploying single service members and dual military deploying out of country due to combat and peacekeeping missions for up to 12 months, having no one able or willing to care for their furbabies while they were gone. This was leaving them only one choice which was to surrender their beloved furbabies to a local animal shelter never to see them again or no what happened to them. Today we have 3 programs: (1) Pet Foster Home program which covers all 50 states and all branches of service, which includes a "Military Pet Assistance" (MPA) fund for specific situations. The program's clients are deploying service members (primarily single service members and dual military service members) and honorably discharged veterans with an unforeseen inpatient medical issue or is homeless. (2) MVP Sanctuary - TX currently in development stage with the purpose to provide additional support to our TX based service members and their families; and (3) Warriors' Angels (WA) - TX program related to assisting our service members and honorable discharged veterans officially diagnosed with PTSD in obtaining an appropriate candidate to be trained as their service dog with a training facility at our TX property which is part of the development of the MVP Sanctuary.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 11, 2022
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 50