2 people are interested
Youth Empowering Youth: Teen (13-18) Participants
2 people are interested
What is Youth Empowering Youth (YEY)?
YEY is a leadership and personal development program and movement for youth. Our Youth program is for ages 13-18, and consists of nine 1.5-hour sessions. All our sessions are currently being held online via zoom. Each class shares a new concept to help students take accountability for their thoughts, feelings and actions, thus moving them into a place of confidence, security, and self-assurance. Learn more on our website here: https://lowentropy.org/programs/youth-empowering-youth/
Here are the themes for each session:
Session 1 - Ripple Effect
Session 2 - Attitude Creates Your Life
Session 3 - The Moment You Stop Blaming, You Take Back your Power
Session 4 - Take Action! With small Steps
Session 5 - Fail Forward to Success
Session 6 - Drive Your Life with Powerful habits
Session 7 - Be a Student of Life
Session 8 - Momentum is Your Responsibility
Session 9 - Graduation & Next Steps
Youth Empowering Youth is a division of Low Entropy, a nonprofit organization that is making personal growth accessible to all, and in doing so providing people with the tools to change themselves and the world.
What is the commitment for Teen (13-18) Participants?
- Sign up for one of our upcoming Youth Empowering Youth Programs
- Must have guardian consent to participate
- Attend ALL 9 sessions of the program
- Be an active participant: try your best to speak up, add to the conversation, and comment in the chat
- Complete your "Life Folder" in order to receive a program Graduation Certificate
- The "Life Folder" consists of work that you do on your own time and include activities such as writing out your goals, keeping a habit tracker, and more.
- Your Program Facilitators will let you know exactly you will need to do to complete your "Life Folder"
What do Teen (13-18) Participants gain?
- 15 Volunteer hours if you fulfil all commitments listed above and email Program Manager Ness Gale ( email@example.com ) with your YEY Graduation Certificate and written paragraph about what you have gotten out of this program and how you are going to apply it to your life going forward.
- Leadership and Goal Setting skills
- Personal Development
- Belong to a community of youth
- Include Graduation from this program on your resume
- Opportunity to apply to become a facilitator (which can be a paid role if you meet certain requirements) or to continue volunteering with us
Who can be a Teen (13-18) Participant?
- Must be between the ages of 13-18
- Must be able to access zoom on a reliable device connected to wifi
How do I register?
Click here to register for one of our upcoming programs: https://linktr.ee/youthempoweringyouth
Make sure you choose a YOUTH program and NOT a CHILDREN’s program.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for this volunteer position.
About Low Entropy Foundation
1511 Eagle Mountain Drive, Coquitlam, BC v3e2y6, CA
The Low Entropy Foundation is on a mission to elevate humanity through the power of compassionate, authentic communities.
Our programs foster transformational impact by empowering individuals through personal growth and meaningful interpersonal connections.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 24, 2021
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 13
- 5 hours per week.