2 people are interested
2 people are interested
Healing TREE is currently seeking an Accounting volunteer who can work closely with the Treasurer of our Board of Directors, our Bookkeeper and CEO. We're looking for someone with experience in accounting / finance (bonus if they have nonprofit experience) who can prepare simple schedules (bonus if they can do reporting.)
About Healing TREE
974 BRECKENRIDGE LANE, #104, LOUISVILLE, KY 40207, US
OUR MISSION: Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Empowerment) advocates healing from abuse & trauma rather than coping with the symptoms, in order to transform lives &, ultimately, society. We achieve this by providing trauma-focused resources & education & by producing & partnering with relevant film, television, & theatre, empowering the social change necessary to create a healing movement. THE ISSUE: Leading studies show that trauma (both interpersonal and systemic) is a public health crisis & the root cause of many of society's toughest problems: mental & physical illness, addiction, crime, domestic violence, homelessness & suicide. Effective treatments are available but there is a lack of integration between the trauma, mental health & med. fields & of general awareness on the issue. We exist to change that so that healing from trauma becomes the new normal. LOCATION: Founded in Louisville, KY but a National organization - team members serve our mission virtually!
About Us Video: youtu.be/9smyn2QzzVo
Our Website: healingtreenonprofit.org
Our Story: healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-story/
Our Vision: Our vision is to make healing from abuse & trauma, rather than coping with the symptoms, the new normal, effectively addressing the root of society’s toughest problems.
- We support individuals suffering from trauma to get the help that they need to heal rather than cope through our Approved Care Network. (healingtreenonprofit.org/acn/)
- We facilitate trainings in the evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment modality EMDR to spread healing to underserved populations. (healingtreenonprofit.org/emdr/)
- A host workshops for high schoolers, college students and community members on the most insidious red flags of abuse and trauma built around our short film Silk. (healingtreenonprofit.org/silk/)
- We have partnered with some of the biggest names in the trauma field: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s team at the Trauma Center at JRI, NCTSN, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. David Grand & Dr. Jamie Marich.
- We have actors from hit Broadway, Film & TV shows as Artist Advocates (healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-team/)
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 20, 2021
- Financial Planning
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- approximately 10 hrs / month