- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Health & Medicine
- Race & Ethnicity
Location974 BRECKENRIDGE LANE#104LOUISVILLE, KY 40207 United States
OUR MISSION: Healing TREE (Trauma Resources, Education & Empowerment) advocates healing from abuse & trauma rather than coping with the symptoms, in order to transform lives &, ultimately, society. We achieve this by providing trauma-focused resources & education & by producing & partnering with relevant film, television, & theatre, empowering the social change necessary to create a healing movement. THE ISSUE: Leading studies show that trauma (both interpersonal and systemic) is a public health crisis & the root cause of many of society's toughest problems: mental & physical illness, addiction, crime, domestic violence, homelessness & suicide. Effective treatments are available but there is a lack of integration between the trauma, mental health & med. fields & of general awareness on the issue. We exist to change that so that healing from trauma becomes the new normal. LOCATION: Founded in Louisville, KY but a National organization - team members serve our mission virtually!
About Us Video: youtu.be/9smyn2QzzVo
Our Website: healingtreenonprofit.org
Our Story: healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-story/
Our Vision: Our vision is to make healing from abuse & trauma, rather than coping with the symptoms, the new normal, effectively addressing the root of society’s toughest problems.
- We support individuals suffering from trauma to get the help that they need to heal rather than cope through our Approved Care Network. (healingtreenonprofit.org/acn/)
- We facilitate trainings in the evidence-based, trauma-focused treatment modality EMDR to spread healing to underserved populations. (healingtreenonprofit.org/emdr/)
- A host workshops for high schoolers, college students and community members on the most insidious red flags of abuse and trauma built around our short film Silk. (healingtreenonprofit.org/silk/)
- We have partnered with some of the biggest names in the trauma field: Dr. Bessel van der Kolk’s team at the Trauma Center at JRI, NCTSN, Dr. Peter Levine, Dr. David Grand & Dr. Jamie Marich.
- We have actors from hit Broadway, Film & TV shows as Artist Advocates (healingtreenonprofit.org/about/our-team/)